“Great home cooking”
Review of Wild Horse Cafe

Wild Horse Cafe
Ranked #61 of 93 Restaurants in Cody
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Expect to wait for breakfast seating. It's worth the wait, though. The waitresses are very friendly and love kids; the food is great American breakfast fare: bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs., etc. No feta cheese omelettes or croissants here. Get those on the east or west coast and enjoy the food of the region you're in.

2  Thank Barbara S

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wow; what a find....We were looking for a place to have breakfast.....The ad said "Down Home Cooking"; and cinnamon rolls the size of hubcaps; I had to see this to believe; well there not quite as big as hubcaps; but they are wonderful....I ordered bananas foster frenh toast; it was to die for.....I saw the biscuits and gravy; the biscuits were huge too....If you are staying in Cody for the greatest rodeo in the west; get up early and stop by the Wild Horse Cafe.....They have a gift shop that is really cool; really interesting western items....There is also a man there that will make you a hat.... if you think the gift shop and the food is good; they have tv playing old westerns....I loved everything about this place and you will too.....Stop by and just say Hi to the great folks at the Wild Horse Cafe......

1  Thank DLewis_10
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a nice place to stop . The food was good but the staff needs a little help in there friendliness, service skills and general attitude.

1  Thank bryant s
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The last reviewer clearly wan't a fan, but I completely disagree. My understanding was that they lost a partner rather than changing ownership completely. We were there August 30th and I had the philly cheesesteak and homemade potato chips. Both were some of the best I've had. Perfect really. My wife had a french dip with sweet potatoe fries. The french dip wasn't the best we've had, but it was good, and the fries were excellent. The only complaint I had was the dessert, peach cobbler, which wasn't all that great. In their defense, the partner they said had left was the one who baked the desserts and they hadn't caught up on that part of it yet. Being in a small shop was fun also, things to look at kept our 1 year old (and us, I'll admit) occupied while waiting for our food. Great place, and I would definitely go back if I'm ever back in Cody.

1  Thank Falcong
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am very passionate about this review b/c we just spent 4 days in Cody. Let's get something straight right now-Cody is NOT known for thier food. It's actually hard to find a good meal in this town. We couldn't seem to find any restaurant for breakfast. We even asked some of our friends who are locals and they said "we are embarrased that Cody doesn't have a good breakfast restaurant". On our last day we stumbled upon a very quirky restaurant called the Wild Horse Cafe. It's actually a store in the front and the restaurant in the back. This was by far, the BEST breakfast we had in Cody and in many towns. Gary, the owner and cook came out to greet us. He and the staff are very friendly and you almost feel like you are in thier home. His biscuits are the best I have ever tasted. I only wish we had found Wild Horse the first day in town b/c we would have eaten there every single day.

4  Thank travelbirdanna

Been to Wild Horse Cafe? Share your experiences!