“Hire Them!”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Hire Them!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Grub Steak Expeditions is by far the best company I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. I was looking for a guided tour through Yellowstone and found Grub Steak mentioned on TripAdvisor so I looked up their website and then gave them a call. Bob Richard, the owner, answered the phone himself and answered all my questions. After I booked our tours (Yellowstone and Grand Teton), he emailed me immediately and also called to confirm. My family of 3 took a tour of the upper loop of Yellowstone on one day, the lower loop another day and Grand Teton on the 3rd day. Our guides were Dennis, Meg and Mick. All 3 were fantastic! Dennis and Mick are former forest service workers. Mick was also a teacher. Meg is a wildlife photographer. Because of their experience, they all make great guides and can offer unique perspectives of the parks. They took us everywhere we wanted to go and stopped wherever and whenever we wanted. They made good suggestions and provided a wealth of information about the parks and what we were seeing. Meg was especially good at searching out wildlife for us to see and photograph. They were all very personable and we had a great time each day. Bob Richard even checked up after the first day to make sure we were satisfied.

We were picked up at our hotel in Cody, WY. The tours are done in 4 wheel drive vehicles and they provide plenty of bottled water, pop, fruit and candy throughout the day. They also bring a picnic lunch (great sandwiches made by a local cafe). The tours last about 10 hours. The cost seems expensive at first, but we found it well worth it to not have to drive ourselves around and instead have someone do the driving for us and provide us with a wealth of information plus food and drink.

I highly recommend Grub Steak Expeditions.

Visited July 2012

Laguna Beach, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“excellent excursion company”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

if u are thinking about going with a company to explore wyoming then grub steak is it !!!!! they had excellent customer service.....bob richards the owner was tremendous....very friendly & always made me feel like i was not just another traveler.......i booked a guided hike & an all day yellowstone tour.........what i liked about grub steak was if u go as a solo then your tour is as a solo....they dont put u with other people....i like that - its very catered......the guide i had for the hike (dave) was wonderful....it was a fantastic hike - i had a lesson in mace before leaving & off we went...fun, educational & never felt like i was a solo traveler - dave was so friendly i felt like i had known him forever & always felt safe.............my yellowstone trip was just as great......it was an 8 hr day driving thru yellowstone which was exquisite.....my guide kenny was just as friendly & fun as dave......the trip was catered to what i wanted to see & we saw it all...beautiful vistas, waterfalls & one of every animal except the elusive moose but i was very happy............grub steak also does other outdoor adventures but i just did the hike & yellowstone..............if i ever go back to cody i would not hesitate to use them again....great experience & super customer service !!!!!!

Visited June 2011

Been to Grub Steak Private Expeditions? Share your experiences!