“Family Reunion Floating”

Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Family Reunion Floating”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did the 12 mile trip. Our guide, Joe, made it a lot of fun. Had it been a warm, sunny afternoon, it would have been practically perfect! We got extremely wet and some of our smaller people were really cold. Clouds had moved in, unfortunately. Of course, some of our wetness was due to "battles" between our party's two rafts. The 4 non-family members on our raft may have been sorry they were stuck with us! It would be nice if the the company's facility had more than one restroom! Four raft-loads of people who had been on the river about 4 hours resulted in long lines upon our return!!!

Visited August 2013

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Our guide was incredible according to my 8 year old. Had a great trip saw lots of deer. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Cody.

Visited August 2013
Saskatchewan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun in Cody”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had never been river rafting so wanted to try this out. It was me, my husband, and our 6 year old son and we all had a fantastic time. We took the Red Rock Canyon trip. It was about 1 1/2 hours but that included the bus ride there and getting into the river so really it was probably about 1 hour on the water.

There are four people per row. We were in the second row of the raft. My son and I sat in the middle. My husband and a 10 year old boys sat on the ends.

The canyon is beautiful. The red rocks are amazing. We saw several deer on the trip and our guide Joe gave us a lot of great information as we went down the river. He was very funny, knowledgeable, and a great guide.

The rapids were very tame. I'm not a big boat fan but it felt very stable and never felt like it would tip. There is a rope in the middle that my son and I held on to but it wasn't very rough. Most of the trip is just floating, then you come into maybe 30 seconds of rapids, then it calms down again.

We were all provided with life jackets and felt super safe the entire trip. While I never felt that I would fall out, my husband (being on the side and paddling) did say he felt a little unstable a couple times. I don't think I would have been that keen to be on the edge. (FYI - No one fell out.)

The river isn't very deep. Roughly 3 feet they said in most parts.

As far as paddling goes, they give a brief overview of how to paddle, and then the guide tells the paddlers when to paddle and when to rest. There is really not a lot of paddling. The current for the most part moves you.

Our son loved the rapids. We did get wet so it's a good idea to were shoes that can get wet, as well as quick dry clothes. It was a nice afternoon so getting wet wasn't a big deal. We just went back to our hotel room and changed.

This is a MUST DO in Cody. It was a wonderful experience and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it. A fantastic family activity!!

Becker, Minnesota
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Must-do adventure”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We did the one hour trip on Red Rock Canyon and they accommodated my 76 year old mother perfectly. We were even picked up at our campground for the trip- free of charge.

The rapids were not scary for our teenagers (girls) but were exciting enough to be fun. Our guide was a rookie but did a great job and bantered with us in a very positive fashion.

On a 8 day trip from MN, this was easily one of the top 3 highlights.

I am very overprotective and a worry-wart, but the safety of the trip was top notch.

Overland Park, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Only outfit that will take young kids actually rafting”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

At reasonable water level, this outfit will take young kids. We have 4 year old twins and after searching all SD and WY, this was the only place that would take kids that young actually rafting (vs other places that would just take them on a float trip). We took the 3.5hr trip (12 miles) and it was a blast. The kids LOVED it. As it turns out, one of the twins paddled non-stop almost all 12 miles (Joe, our awesome guide, didn't stop him even though much of the trip there is no need to paddle). The trip was a blast and the scenery beautiful, including a good stretch through a canyon.

Perfect for the family, but not for those wanting a white knuckle thrill. I'd say they were Class 2 rapids at most.

They do not provide a dry bag...but if you bring one, I think you can be comfortable bringing your camera if you sit in the back of the raft. Always a risk, but for us they only took one photo if you wanted to buy and I think folks would appreciate a few more photos by them, but if not...for us to at least take our own.

1 Thank Chaim W

Been to Wyoming River Trips? Share your experiences!