“Clean, well priced, resturant on site with very good overall quality.”

Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed December 11, 2010

The hotel is located within 2 miles of the Cody airport (Yellowstone Regional). Planty of parking and multple entrances to rooms. Nice rooms that are clean and well appointed. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2010

I traveled to Cody with my group and booked 5 rooms for two nights at this hotel. The rooms were pretty clean, comfortable beds and there was a restaurant/bar on location. However, I did have something happen to me that put a completely negative spin on the whole experience. Upon checkout, I had to pay for all of the rooms with a business credit card. I had some personal restaurant and movie charges that needed to be payed for separately, so I asked her to put the charges on my personal debit card and to leave the room charges on the card that I gave them at checkin. I thought everything had been taken care of properly; however, a couple of days later, I logged into my bank account and noticed that they charged $850 to my checking account and the $50 room service fees were charged to the business card. I called to get it straightened out and was told that they would reverse the fees, but it would probably take 2 business days to show up in my account. It was Thursday, so it may not show up until Monday. I told them that I was down to $150 in my checking account and fortunately I had not overdrafted yet--my bank charges $70 per overdraft. I explained that if they deducted the additional $50 from that account before the $850 posted, I would only have $100 to live on for four days. I also pointed out that with this causing me so much hardship, it would be a nice gesture if they didn't charge me for the room service fees at all (since it was only $50). With my husband deployed and two children to take care of, living on $100 was an extremely stressful thing. She told me that her manager was on a retreat (in transit) and although she was able to talk to her on the phone, she could not call me directly and could not get to a computer; therefore, I would need to be charged immediately and no other compensation could be made until Monday--if I decided to call her back. In addition, we could only get one free drink ticket per room even though there were two men staying in a couple of our rooms. How do you decide who gets the free drink in this situation? Should they just arm wrestle for it or flip a coin? We tried to exchange an unused drink ticket for the night before but were told that the "manager" only allowed one ticket per room, per night, period. Maybe the "manager" of this hotel needs to focus a little more on the customer and a little less on the profit. Probably the least customer friendly hotel we stayed at during our 8 day tour.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Lmurts
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on August 10, 2010. It was the first and last time.

My husband, our 9-month-old son, and I arrived very late on the 10th. After checking in, we searched for nearly 15 minutes for a parking space for our minivan. We ended up “creating” a parking space on the perimeter of the lot and prayed all night we wouldn’t get a ticket. We entered the front doors of the hotel to head to our room…which was no where to be found. We had been told it was on the second floor. As there is no elevator, we had dragged our belongings and crying baby up the flight of stairs and walked down the hall, where the building ended before we reached our room number. I changed our son’s diaper in the hallway while my husband retraced our steps back to the front desk to ask where in tarnation our room was. “Oh, it’s in the other building.” What? So, we had to go back down the stairs, outside in the chilly night air, through a service door, back up a flight of stairs, where we finally encountered our room.

The following morning, we went in search of breakfast. “Oh, we don’t offer a continental breakfast.” We went back to our room, gathered our things, checked out, and left. This hotel wasn’t done with us yet.

The following night our credit card was denied at the next hotel. Why? Because the Holiday Inn had run our card when we checked in AND when we checked out! When I called the hotel, I spoke with the manager on duty who told me this is their standard procedure and the funds from the first debit would be released. When? She didn’t know. After making my point on the phone, she finally called the credit card company to straighten the situation out.

I suggest you do not stay here for these three reasons: no elevator, no breakfast, and twice the price.

Not to mention that they charged us for a newspaper we never asked for.

3  Thank unhappy12345
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The room is not bad but corridors are dirty and carpet is worn out. No Elevator to the second floor. It might be the best hotel you can find in Cody. Don't expect too much. It is not matching the price they charged.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Room was adequate although we were disappointed that no upgrades were available. I don't know when Holiday Inn will realize that people need Queen beds, not Doubles. Bright spot was the bathroom was very large and had an x-large vanity.
Rooms do not come with a micro. or ref. They have to be requested. My son was starving and wanted to make a snack. It took 3 calls to the front desk and an hour wait to have a micro. delivered. Not a pleasant experience with a cranky, crying child. On our 2nd call we were told that it was right there at the desk and would be right up. However, we waited 20 min. called again, and waited another 20 min. before it finally arrived.
Hotel has no elevators and very long hallways with no stairs in the middle.
The only perks Priority Club members get are a bottle of water, a package of trail mix, and one free drink in the lounge.
We will try a different hotel the next time we are in town.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

We had a smallish room on the second floor of an older building that has no elevator.

However, the room was comfortable and, when we requested a refrigerator, one was delivered to us promptly.

The location is great, and the rate was reasonable. It would be nice if they offered breakfast, but they don't.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel is located in central Cody and is OK. Rooms were relatively clean. I was in the 4th building. We had three rooms - and were only here overnight before visiting the Buffalo Bill History Center and museum - and then entering Yellowstone.

The bathroom needs remodeling. Air conditioning was noisy. Parking lot gets crowded with coaches. We parked in front of the log cabins - which seemed very close to the front door of several units.

Pool was adequate.

Service at the bar was slow and sometimes there was no staff to be found - several patrons walked away due to missing server. We did not try the restaurant. Coffee in the lobby was good.

I don't think I would stay here again - unless hotel was refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family