“Nice place a bit dated”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Sartell, Minnesota
“Nice place a bit dated”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice Hotel a bit dated. Staff was nice. If you purchase using priceline or hotels.com you will not receive a Fridge or Microwave from what we found. It was nice Hotel for a few days. Pool was nice and outside.

Room Tip: Small parking lot hard to find parking if you come in late.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Awful experience at this hotel, the staff were far from helpful and even seemed threatening sometimes. The room I was staying in was far from clean. The curtains were covered in what seemed to be old food sauces, the room was generally dusty and I found multiple hairs around the drain in the bath. After a couple of hours rest we decided to eat dinner at the restaurant attached to the hotel. Qt's was by far the worse restaurant that I visited on my month vacation. The food was awful to say the least, I ordered the fish and chips. The fish was dripping in oil, literally. The taste of the fish reminded me of soil and the chips were plain and also covered in oil. It seemed that they had gone to Walmart picked up some cheap frozen fish and some plain chips and put them into a bowel and slapped a ridiculous price on it. The service was also poor as the waitress ignored a specific order that one of my family had given her. It seemed that the waitress could hardly understand English and the only words she ever said was 'your welcome'. I was quite puzzled why she was our server. I had to point to the meal I wanted because when I told her verbally she gave me a blank stare and it was obvious she didn't understand what I was saying. On a scale of 0-10 and 0 being outrageously poor and 10 being average I would rate it a 1/10 and that's being generous!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hazzbo1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear hazzbo1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I am also sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the cleanliness of your room. I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as these will be addressed accordingly. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Holiday Inn offered us a wonderful, clean room. The staff was extremely nice and courteous. The restaurant and loung in house were both very good also. The town of Cody offers a lot of things for people to do and see. All in all, it was a great place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Somerset, WI
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm always a little wary of Holiday Inn's but was pleasantly surprised with this one. Looks like the hotel has been newly remodeled inside the lobby. The room was a decent size, the pool was pretty basic but we enjoyed it.
The day we left to start driving back home - my son forgot his hat (that he bought as a souvenir of our trip) in the restaurant. I called the hotel and they told me I had to go to housekeeping. I left 3 messages for housekeeping to try and track down the hat and never received a return call. The last time I called, I spoke to the person at the front desk and explained that I had not heard from anyone yet and she promised she would have someone call me and I got a call back in the next 15 minutes and they shipped it to my house. Disaster averted! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel!!!! I reserved this hotel for my wedding reception a d I had centerpieces stolen from my locked banquet hall. I was charged for services I did not receive and almost everyone I encountered there was rude. The maids even had the nerve to argue with my aunt about not being able to clean the room my children was sleeping in at 8 am! This hotel was $200 a night and did not have a refrigerator or an elevator. I've seen motel 6's that was cleaner! Ding waste your money or your sanity on this dump. There was stains on the floor on the carpet in the banquet hall and my son got a splinter from the dance floor! When I requested some compensation from the hotel for not providing the wedding night basket,Suzanne had the nerve to tell me that they gave us a card! Such rude, dishonest, inconsiderate people!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Cantankerous69
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Cantankerous69,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's disappointing to hear about your experience at our hotel. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
IHGCare
Llandudno, North Wales
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place was unwelcoming, dark and to be honest, in need of a lick of paint. The receptionist was helpful and promised us, as Priority Club members, an upgrade to a room overlooking the pool. Oh good we thought! When we entered the room we faced a wall, but to be fair if we stood on a chair and stuck our heads out of the window, yes we could see the pool. If we were staying more than one night I would have complained. On the plus side the room was clean, but if I look at the price we paid for Holiday Inn Expresses (which were far superior) during the vaction, this was well overpriced (about double). Why didn't we get the same service other reviewers got? Walking around Cody there were, what seemed, better places to stay and better priced. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear DafyddGog,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Janice A
IHG Care
Michigan
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on our way out to Yellowstone. As priority club card members, we were greeted with bottled water, snacks, and given a free upgrade to a suite. The suite was SWEET! It was two huge rooms. The first was a large comfortable sitting area with a big tv and a kitchen area with a nice table, fridge, and Keurig coffee maker. The bedroom was large as well with a king sized bed, another big tv, and a desk area. The bathroom was the crowning jewel. As the other rooms, it as well was huge. It also had its own tv! It had a very generous shower with a rainfall shower head and three side body jets. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. We had a very nice stay in Cody, WY!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple