“Delicious, Great Service and Inspired c”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Terrace Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

The Terrace Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Geyser Brewing Co sets the pace for dining and drinking excellence in Cody. Sweeping views provide the perfect backdrop for a first date, a family gathering or a night out with friends. Popular choices include our eclectic appetizers, fresh seafood, grilled steaks. Professional bartenders serve up perfectly chilled martinis, well chosen wines and the Basin's largest selection of our craft and micro beers on draught.
Tacoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, Great Service and Inspired c”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We chose this place because of its good reviews on yelp and we were not disappointed. We came late, 9:30 pm on a Wednesday and sat at the bar. The bartender was friendly and helpful. Turns out she is a geologist by day and works in Yellowstone so she gave us some good insight into the park. But back to the food. We ordered the fried calamari first. It came on a bed of lettuce with a tasty dipping sauce. We had the bison meatloaf. It was delicious. We ate a lot of bison in Wyoming. Going to miss that! We also had a mushroom pasta that was also very good. We took our dessert to go - a slice of apple pie and a chocolate lava style cake. The food was presented beautifully and the prices were good for the value. Of course, coming from Tacoma, Washington, the food all over Wyoming feels much more affordable. The full cost of our meal was $85 including two glasses of wine, a pint and a Manhatten! At home this would have been a $150 meal.

Our waitress who was also the bartender gave us lots of good tips about Cody as well as Yellowstone. This restaurant is right next to the rodeo and she encouraged us to go. Cody is famous for its rodeo and they have one every night June through August. We did go and were very glad! It was a great experience!

Go to the Terrace if you want inspired food for a good price.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Charlotte L

“Trying too hard..”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Over priced for what u get and they r honestly trying too hard, but still good. The service in ok but not great for the prices ur paying. The bar service was better simply bc the hostess is no where to be found on more than one occasion. Plus it's too close to the hot springs and ur smelling sulfur while trying to eat ur $30 per plate meal...

Cody, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOTHING LIKE IT USED TO BE!!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have lived in the Cody area for over ten years. I have loved the Terrace for its food, atmosphere, and the best bar in town. Over the past few months this place has seriously declined in all of these categories. There has been a huge turn over in the staff and there is no one who really seems to know what is going on. The food that was always great and changed regularly seems to have hit a stagnant point like the chef doesn't want to put in the effort any longer. The bar used to be a place where me and my girlfriends could go and get great drinks and service, but now you never know what your going to get when you order a drink that you have been ordering for years. Does no one there even know how to make the drinks on your menu???
It is obvious that the staff is unhappy and who can blame them when it seems to have little or no management.
The last time we ate there our server had NO idea what she was doing! I think her name was Kathy or Katy or something like that. One of our guests even referred to her as a "b-word" which would have correctly described her personality. This was very embarrassing for us as we recommended that we eat there and talked the place up. We should have just gone to The Proud Cut or anywhere else.
The atmosphere is still good except for the terrible acoustics. The portion sizes of our food was drastically different from the last time we ate here a couple of months ago. There seems to be NO consistency. Our salads were half the size as last time and previous times. The ahi tuna seemed much smaller and not nearly as attractive as it has been in past. We can't even order the calamari any more cause you never know if your gonna get a big or small order and it is just not worth the risk since even our server can't tell us the portion size and agreed with us about the inconsistency.
Finally I tell my friends that they have the best cosmopolitan ever. We have been getting them here for a couple of years. Well you can probably guess it, it tasted nothing like they have in the past and not in a good way. We switched to margaritas cause we didn't want to complain and who can mess up a margarita, right????? Wrong!!!!!!!! I immediately noticed that it was not the normal color for this place. My friend tasted it and immediately asked me to try it and see what was wrong with it. I am not a bartender so I don't know what was wrong, but I am sure I could make a better one myself. It was not even drinkable.
We sent them back at this point and you could tell that the bartender was upset that we sent them back and ranted about how we don't know what we are talking about. None of us wanted to even drink what came out of the bar at this point for fear of what "extra" might be in it.
We paid our tab and left for the last time!!!! Went to the Rib and Chop and ordered margaritas that were drinkable with no concern of what the disgruntled bartender may have done to it.

I WILL NEVER GO TO THE TERRACE AGAIN!!!!!! I would have highly recommended it a year ago, but now would never recommend it. Since our experience there we have talked to many other locals about this and they have had similar experiences. Many said they will not return either. What is the owner thinking to run an establishment like this????? It is sad that for a moment we had a new, different, good thing in Cody and now it is gone cause they don't know what they are doing over there!!!!
I can only foresee a constant continual decline and can't imagine that they will be in business for long.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Cailee R
Washington, DC
“#1 in Cody”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I looked on tripadvisor for the best restaurant in Cody. The Terrace was not listed as number #1 but should be. All aspects of our meal: apps, salads, entrees, desserts were superb. The wine list was better than I have seen at more "upscale" restaurants in major cities. Go to the Terrace. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious fare”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed our entrees of wild grilled salmon and Alfredo florentine grilled shrimp pasta topped off with pinot grigio. The decor is knotty pine and there is a view of the mountains (sunside in the afternoon) or the rodeo parking lot side.

Visited July 2012