“Great Place to Stay When Visiting Cody”
Review of Cody KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Cody KOA
Ranked #10 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Cody
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great Campground! We arrived early, and they gave us a very nice site close by the bathhouse, laundry, and pavilion. Nice pool, and a jumping pillow included in price. They also have a free shuttle to the rodeo every night. Pancake breakfast was very tasty and lots of fun. It seems to be a family business and they stay busy! Slept great. It sounds like they do a lot of activities- it might've been fun to stay for a few more days. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KaraRogers
There are newer reviews for Cody KOA

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here three nights before visiting Yellowstone. We were traveling with another couple so we had two campsites. We called ahead and reserved our sites. Upon arrival we were informed that only one of the sites had the full hook ups that we had reserved. Not sure why we were not told this when we called. The sites are very close together. Don't expect to be able to sit outside or leave your blinds open if you don't want to be on top of your neighbor. They allow campfires, which is crazy because of the closeness. Our friends had to move their truck because their neighbors had a fire going and they were afraid it would burn their truck! We could not keep our windows open at night because of the smoke so close next door. The fire pit next to us was only 4-5 feet from our camper. The bathrooms were not clean, nor was there hot water for showers. My husband said the men's room toilets were covered with feces. As far as the laundry room, it was clean but one load cost me $4.00! If I am ever in this area again I will NOT stay here. I would rather camp in the Wal-Mart parking lot!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband & I rented a one room Kabin on 6/12/13 and to be honest in the middle of the night I thought about just driving down the highway and pulling over somewhere in our car to actually get some sleep. Check in was easy and the young lady who checked me in was very pleasant. From there it just went downhill. I couldn't believe the dirt on the floor inside the cabin, not just dust, but dirt and grass. I had to sweep it out before I would even set my suitcase down. There isn't much in these little cabins and where they placed the tiny TV is a joke, you could really only watch it if you would like to stand in the doorway. Our cabin was directly across from a row of garbage receptacles. Those lids make a huge bang every time someone drops it. Of course, we also had neighbors that did not know the meaning of quiet. The walls of their larger Kamping Kabin (more like a mobile home) must have been paper thin because I literally could hear their screaming kids running up and down the hallway. I did try to go to the office to see if they could ask the neighbors to quiet down, which I was there before their sign said they closed, but it was all locked up and I couldn't find a yellow shirt anywhere. The door to our cabin had a very large gap at the bottom, my husband teased me that snakes would crawl through, so of course that had to be covered up! The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable, I am pretty sure jail inmates get nicer. There was something smeered on the back of the stall door in the bathroom, I wouldn't even want to venture a guess on what it was. I would have given this KOA a terrible rating but it might be ok for actual campers/RV's, and the grounds did seem nice. There were Kabins in the back row that may have been nicer. I also did not use the pool or hot tub. Just so you know, I am use to children and have happily camped at KOAs many times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our four girls on our way through Yellowstone. The staff here is what makes the campgroung great! Even though they are not working, they have the KOA shirts or hats on, and they are more then willing to help. And there are a lot of them! The gounds were clean, all the time, shower facilities were GREAT. Our only complaint was a 24 laundry facility with a change machine that was broken, and the store closed early. So we were stuck trying to find enough change to do one load of laundry....which to wash and dry one load was $4 in quarters...so come prepared! Otherwise, awesome people here serving free pancakes in the morning, making sure everyone gets some!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this KOA on our way to Yellowstone. They offer a free pancake breakfast with other ala carte items at a small fee. The staff is so friendly and accommodating!! The bathrooms are clean and up to date. The heated pools and hot tub are in perfect condition. The grounds are super clean and pots with flowers are abundant. I would go back to Yellowstone just to stay at this campground. We actually left our campground in Yellowstone a night early to stay again in this KOA! So 2 nights of our family vacation was spent at this campground. Love, love, love it!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night. It was a great starting off point for a weeklong Yellowstone trip. There wer plenty of excursions available if you wanted them. Easy to locate on the edge of town. Shower was hot and saw workers tending to chores often. Pancake breakfast was a let down

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tracik68
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were looking for a campsite in Cody, and there is not much selection. We chose this one since it is outside of the town, just a bit, and provided full hookups. Pricy, compared to other places, but overall okay. Laundry area needs a good cleaning. It is just a few minutes from downtown Cody, no trees, and if the campground were to be full, it would be crowded.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple