“Maybe good, Maybe Bad”

Pahaska Teepee Resort
Ranked #18 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Cody
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are selfsufficient and require little in the way of service, then the scenery and close proximity to Yellowstone will be rewarding. If you expect the owner to be interested in service to her guests, then disappointment will be served to you on a daily basis. I have been in the service industry for 30 years and have had four (4) reunions with my family over the past 16 years here at Pahaska, a fact that the owner dosen't keep track of. The employees were of the highest quality of people. Helpful and attentive in all request. These employees left me with a fealing that they had done their best, even when my request could't be fulfilled. The owner (manager) should stay in her office and count money. She repeatedly conveys that you are a bother to her and has little interest in spending money for even a hook to hang coats on. Completly unprofessional at every encounter. Her employees have a nick-name that I can't repeat. If service is important to you...Keep driving, anywhere will be an improvment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David M

Reviewed August 4, 2012

stayed here the week of July 15th. we stayed in the honeymoon cabin and we were very happy with it. the room was clean the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub lots of hot water and plenty of thick soft towels. ac was not needed since the temp dropped into the 30's at night. we were in the park during the day where it was still cool. i found the internet worked best late at night which was pefect since sitting out on the deck 10:00 at night was so peaceful. i liked staying outside of the park, which was crowded. we were about 10 minutes from the east gate and about 30 min from cody. the staff was friendly the food was good especially the breakfast skillet, the bar was quaint. i did not miss tv i was so tired from a fun day in the park that i watched a movie on my ipad till i fell alseep. they also gave us a bag of ice a day! i will stay here again but only in the honeymoon cabin since it is larger then the rest.

Room Tip: if you need ac, internet, room service, cell phones or mini bar this is not the place for you.
1  Thank Connie S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hello all I recently completed a 5,758 mile trip around the country from Maryland. Temple Hills to be exact. During this trip we stayed at a lot of hotels. I had done my research about places to stay near Yellowstone and this one popped up and because of the Bufallo Bill connection it won me over. I read many reviews from different readers and everyone is allowed their own opinion. Personally I loved the place. Sure you dont have TV or cable and the Internet is shotty but hey It's in the mountains it's literally 2 miles from the east gate of Yellowsone (the most beautiful entrance) and the design of the grounds remind you of camp as a kid. Compared to the other hotels we stayed at on our journey (we stayed in 9 altogether) I rate this experience up there with those and we stayed in a brand new hotel in Salt lake city a spacious room in Albuqurque NM. among others.we had a double queen room made me feels as if i was in the old Wild West. The room was on a smaller scale but hey are you there to sleep or throw a party? It was a good thing to live "unplugged" for a day. Now the only thing I did'nt like was the fact that the chef.... mmmmm no the cook in the kitchen did not know how to make a medium well steak (he burned the hell out of it) the ambiance in the restaurant, the store the entire estate was an experience and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitly go back there again but the next time i'll just order the chicken. Happy Travels.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank George J
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a nice location - away from the heat of Cody, and with easy access to Yellowstone. For the price, however, one would be better served actually staying in the Park, or checking out other places a few miles closer to Cody. Our cabin (#7) had windows that could only be opened by unscrewing the screens. We looked and it seems many other rooms are set up the same way. Our room was clean and comfortable - in a rather rustic sort of way.

The restaurant served fine dinners, and the staff there was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for cabins that don't face directly West - as they will be HOT in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We didn't get what we paid for:
- internet: didn't work 75% of the time and as it worked it was slower than a postal pigeon
- riverview cabins: river was far away and instead we had a septic tank in the form of a pond with bubling yellow brown water in front of our cabin with a smell.
- check-in: nobody there for 20 minutes. Had to wait just at the time that our children were tired after a long day and we all were hungry
- last but not least the dinner was just awefull in the restaurant. My daughters hamburger was burned, my house special (NY strip with peppersauce) was burned and tasted like soap, the special ribbs-sauce was greacy and tasted like preprepared jelly from a can. My sun's kids spaghetti was good but he finished it in 2 spoons... Afterwards we heard from the staff that the reason for this bad dinner was the night off of the main chef. They didn't offer any discount or compensation nevertheless.

Overall, no recomendable experience...
Just as average or even bad as most food and lodging in and around yellowstone.
It's a shame since the parc on the other hand is so outstanding and impressive.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in the "Queen bed" room for one night. The first surprising fact was how tiny the room was. I think I have not seen such a small hotel/cabin room yet - it was slightly bigger than the queen bed inside, there was not much space around the bed. On the other side I have to admit that everything was very functional and well organized, so we still had some place for our luggage, clothes and personal stuff. The interior of the room was very rustic, but I had feeling it has been kept quite clean. Bathroom was small as well (for one person only :-) ), but clean without any problems or defects.
As the cabins are high in the mountains my major concern was if we do not freeze there during the night. At the end my concern was without effect, as the temperature inside the cabin was kept at very comfortable level the entire night.
It was a nice and adventurous stay but despite the fact it's very close to Yellowstone I still think the cabin was slightly overpriced.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We chanced upon this charming place on a drive from YNP to the Entrance near Cody. The chili and the chicken bacon wrap were delicious, much better than food we got inside the park. The place is connected to Buffalo Bill. His lodge is next door. Lovely, clean buildings and grounds. Good service.

1  Thank tvwoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cody
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabin...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Best Western Sunset Inn
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites
The Cody Hotel
The Cody Hotel
#4 of 29 in Cody
Beartooth Inn of Cody
Creekside Lodge at Yellowstone

Been to Pahaska Teepee Resort? Share your experiences!