“The Cody is the epitome of comfortable elegance.”
Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed March 23, 2009

The Cody was beautiful and elegant, but also comfortable and homey. The lobby is beautiful, and when the elevator doors opened we were treated again with a beautiful arrangement of furniture and natural elements. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully designed. Because I had broken my foot we requested a handicapped room and it made it possible for me to take care of myself. We arrived rather late at night and were starving after a long trip. When we asked the front desk for a recommendation for take out they not only recommended an amazing local restaurant, but also offerred to order, pick up and deliver our dinner to our room. It was a WONDERFUL service and we appreciated it very much. I will stay at The Cody every time I go to Cody in the future. I only wish it were closer to home.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

997 - 1,003 of 1,078 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2009

Our family spent a weekend at the Cody and had a very relaxing experience- even with two small children. The lobby area has several gorgeous seating areas and an entertaining player piano. The fireplace and library area offers a fabulous place to relax and read about the wild west. The staff was very friendly and willing to answer all of our questions. The hotel is beautifully decorated- luxury at it's best. The contemporary western design offered the high style, bed and breakfast feel we were looking for in a family vacation. The photography throughout the hotel is a fabulous preview to the Buffaloed Bill Museum.
The rooms were large and offered linens that were clean and the beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows. We had a great view from our deck and felt quite at home. There was plenty of shelf and counter space and lots of room for the kids to work out their energy.
The pool was clean and offered great views of the mountains and the workout room is fantastic.
The breakfast was wonderful- a large selection and excellent service.
This hotel offered our family such a relaxing environment our trip would have been complete had we spent every minute at the hotel. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I grew up in Cody and still live here. For Valentine's Day I wanted to plan something special - but local. We had not been in The Cody since it had been built, so I booked the fireplace jacuzzie suite. The Cody offered a Valentine's Special and when we arrived they had champagne, chocolates, and a rose waiting for us in the room. Our room was beautiful! I'm sure it was the most spacious hotel room we've ever stayed in. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful and we kept the fireplace going all night. The staff were AMAZING! They went above and beyond the call of duty. The entire hotel was very clean. The deluxe continental breakfast was fantastic - they had biscuits and gravy, sausage links, cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, juice, and a variety of danishs - I'm sure I'm missing something here... it was great! We've stayed in various hotels throughout Cody and this was by far the best one in town.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I visit Cody, Wy twice a month for business. I've stayed in other hotels in town before and will now permanently switch to The Cody. I haven't been made this comfortable in a hotel in quite some time. The lobby is a great place to relax at the end of the day, the room is four-star hotel style, the facilities and the comp breakfast are great, and the owner has an obvious feel for how to provide comfort in a "green" hotel environment. But, what stands out the most is the service which was unbelievable!! For example, I caught an unexpected snowstorm, yet was shuttled to my work destination by the staff with understanding and a smile. To my amazement, when I returned at the end of the day, my rental car had been cleaned of snow. These people really care about us and should be the first consideration when staying in Cody. I will bring family during the warm months as this hotel would make a great stay for vacation as well as business.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2008

From the minute we walked into The Cody we felt very welcome. The decor was very tasteful and ALL the staff were polite and ready to 'chat'! We treated ourselves to a jacuzzi room as the rates were so reasonable. We stayed 3 days instead of our intended one! The best hotel I have stayed in for many years!!

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 25, 2008

The Cody Hotel, in Cody, WY, is a place we may not come back to - darn it! This is a trip we probably won't repeat, but, if we do, hope my room is still available at The Cody. What a pleasant experience. First, the design of the hotel is great, and the rooms are more than comfortable. Ours had a balcony (snow-covered at times) looking to the west.

The room size is good, although there is a pinch point between the foot of the bed and the desk if you use it. I did, as the Internet hook-uip was super, and, as we were snowed in for one day, the Internet connection was more than appreciated.

The staff was both pleasant and helpful, regardless of time of day or group on duty. Lots of good local suggestions, and also road information, as an early snow storm had stranded us. We spent more time in Cody than planned, but found the local folks just great, which added toi the pleasure of our stay.

During the tourist months, the Cody is a good place to stay and explore the Yellowstone Park area. One point, however: there is no bar and no restaurant at the Cody. It is strictly a hotel with pool, exercise room and breakfast room, so you will need to find other places for dinner. Not a problem, as they are there. Basic but good. Breakfast is included at The Cody, and it continues to be waffles and sausage, as well as fruit, breads and rolls - and plenty of hot coffee.

If you can schedule it while in Cody. do NOT miss the Buffalo Bill Museum. It is world-class. It is divided into five sections - Western Art, the Plains Indians, the natural history of the area, Buffalo Bill himself, and one of the finest - if not the finest - gun museum in America. The Winchester Collection was moved here, and the display of historical weapons is not to be believed. Due to be snowed in, I spent two days at the Museum, and was not finished. I found the Plains Indians display particularly moving, as I learned, for the first time, just what the Indians lost through war and resettlement. The display is not political, just meaningful.

Bottom line: The Cody Hotel is a great place which we would happily revisit. It's a class act. And Cody is a great litle town, filled with nice people.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed October 22, 2008

This is new hotel. Building is beautifully decorated and located between Buffalo Bill visitor center and Rodeo Stampede. Hotel is also located on Buffalo Bill highway which is a very scenic way to go to Yellowstone Park. Rooms and Linens were very clean and of excellent quality. Staff was gracious (as was everyone I encountered in the town of Cody). We just passed through Cody on our way to Yellowstone and Montana, but I would consider just spending my time solely at this location for a relaxing get away next time. Very fond memories here.

• Stayed: September 2008