“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We liked it so much, we stayed an extra three days! The staff was extremely friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay at The Cody again if we are in that area of the country again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CelesW, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you Charlene! You were a pleasure to have at our hotel. Thank you for taking time to review us. We hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very nice decor and furnishings, friendly staff but somethings that I take for granted because I stay in hotels a lot for business were missing: Large screen HD TV. 30" analog tv doesn't cut it anymore! Also, my room was 60 degrees when I checked in and that is a little cool. I had the reservation for several days so they knew I was coming.

They did have a nice player piano dishing out some nice music when I arrived and that is a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
CelesW, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! We love our player piano just as much, thanks for the noticing! The T.V.'s are pretty small, I completely agree. We just ordered brand new larger televisions, they will be in the rooms shortly. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great hotel. Wonderful decor. Good Breakfast. Staff is amazing. Fellows even offered to brave the cold and snow and clean 6 inches of snow off my truck in the morning. He asked if he could warm it up and pull it up for me. Talk about service!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CelesW, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Fellows is definitely one of a kind! Thank you for taking time to post your review. We are so thankful you stayed with us for that record breaking winter storm. We look forward to having you again!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

had room 129, we both kept knocking into the footboard (a pain). bed was too high, had hard time getting in & out of. the tv was small & not a good channel selection. the scale in the bathroom is totally unnecessary. deluxe breakfast? no fresh fruit, no muffins or pastries,same food two days in a row, toilet seat was loose. loved the hot tub & sauna, but probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay. Room 129 does have a raised bed. It is one of the few rooms we put one of the upgraded suite beds into, and they are a little high. The TV's are very small for the rooms, I completely agree. We have new, larger TV's already ordered, and we will have them in the rooms by Summer. I will check with our local cable provider to double check our service. When we started with them, we had a wider variety than the other hotels in town, & I want to keep it that way. So, thank you for pointing that out. We always have fresh fruit with our breakfast, I will visit with our kitchen. It is hard in the off season to switch the breakfast menu every day, however it is something we are currently working on. I hope you decide to give us another chance.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent stay. The hotel maintenance individual (Kenny) went above and beyond to help. He abandoned his project without hesitation to aid me in reprogramming the television. He was such a joy to speak with about his life story. Be sure to ask about his new Yellow vehicle! The desk staff was helpful and friendly. They were able to assist with every need and want during each stay.

Room Tip: The lower roooms have a back door with a little patio.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was here for business. I decided to stay here because other coworkers had stayed here in the past and had no complaints.

Check-in was quick and easy. My room was clean. I did notice a sign to the effect that if you smoked outside you could still be charged a fee if the room smelled like smoke from your clothing. If you smoke, you may not be able to tell whether or not your clothing leaves a lingering smoke smell and I felt this was a bit silly. I the hotel is so anti-smoking why leave butt recepticles at the front of the hotel?

Like another person had commented, the soap is tiny. I'm not a huge body wash person. I prefer soap, but this was about the size of a quarter. I barely got one shower out of it. The shampoo was also in a much smaller size than most hotels.

Other than that, the stay was ok. Not much food nearby, but it was just a quick drive to the main drag.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for giving us a chance! Smoking is allowed outside of the building, sorry for the confusion. Our soap was VERY tiny, no argument there. We are choosing a different vendor and will have new, bigger, soap in our rooms very shortly. We thank you for your comment, & I sincerely hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was in Cody for a business meeting. The internet at the hotel DID NOT WORK. When I finally got to speak with someone they suggested I use a neighboring internet connection. That didn't work either.
The hand towel in my room had a cotton ball on it...who's was that! For breakfast they served sausage, white thick, creepy gravy, and biscuits....where were the eggs. Day 2 we arrived at 9:30 for breakfast...they serve till 10:00, and there was virtually nothing to eat....no hot food at all.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...anywhere would be better than here.
3  Thank carpediem09

It's hard to hear that you would have stayed anywhere rather than with us. I can only hope that the person you spoke to about the internet was with the 800 number for internet connection in our rooms. I sure hope that was not one of our staff members that suggested using a neighboring connection, as we have no neighbors! You are right. What a horrible way to fix an issue! Regardless, we have 15+ different wireless internet ports to assure a high speed connection no matter where you are in the building, I am so sorry for the connection issue! After reading your comment about the cotton ball on the towel- I was stunned. I went directly to our head housekeeper. She proceeded to tell, as well as show me what her & her housekeepers had started to do. They were making our hand towels into little bunnies, with the cotton ball being the nose. After this review, we now no longer fold our towels into bunnies. In the off season we sure do try hard with breakfast. With some nights having fewer than 10 rooms sold, it is most definitely a struggle. We have contemplated not making any warm dishes. We do biscuits and gravy in the winter because it is most popular with our guests. We do not have warm eggs with the dish, but we always have hard boiled eggs out for some type of protein. We also, as you mentioned, always try to have sausage or bacon out as well. We are very popular with business travelers, & we have built very strong relationships with most of ours. I hope you will give us another chance.