“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Cody
Idaho
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A very nice property. Large and comfortable room. Check-in and out were very smooth. Breakfast was just fine. The rate was excellent, the location was very good. Basically a very good experience. From the outside there looked to be several good choices in Cody, but I am very glad that I stayed here.

Room Tip: There is a good drive through coffee place across from the Walmart which was recommended. Good choi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BPD501

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Beautiful Hotel...Great Service...Superb comfortable beds...very clean...This hotel exceded our expectations...My husband and I drove to this hotel after spending the day in Yellowstone National Park...and we absolutly loved it!...I did have a room booked for the night...It was the 4th of July 2012, we got to watch fireworks from the hotel grounds...after we got home I did some research on the town of Cody and there was a parade on July 4th...we missed it!...We want to go back to Cody...and there is no question we will stay at this beautiful hotel!...and the staff were all very nice and welcoming!... :)

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor...just in case you would hear the guests above you!...I have to say it w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alleygator1965
Dubois, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a lovely evening at the Cody Hotel this week. The room was beautifully appointed, the lobby had a roaring fire and was very inviting. The bed was very comfortable, and it was nice and quiet. It has a really nice fitness room as well. We couldn't have been more pleased.

The only things to work on: the check-in process was a little slower than we would have liked, and the breakfast was perfectly adequate but not as excellent as the rest of the hotel. But those were just small things. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hadley F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stopped at the Cody on our drive back from Yellowstone and the kids still think it was one of the best things about our whole trip. The hotel was immaculate, very comfortable, and the staff couldn't do enough for us. They were helpful with restaurant recommendations (italian food in town was great), providing extra towels when asked, and keeping a well stocked breakfast-all with a smile on their face. The beds were also incredibly comfortable. The family still ranks it as one of the most comfortable hotels we've EVER stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Laurel, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wow! We just wanted to have a weekend to ourselves with no kids after a long Christmas Break. We had The Cody suggested to us by another hotel and I am so thankful. We Got a King jacuzzi suite. Celes and Travis and the rest of the staff were amazing! Travis even makes COOKIES? Who does that? This Hotel does. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The small touches like all toiletries supplied, robes, DVD player, fridge and microwave WITH the fireplace gave us exactly what we needed. A weekend-long date. Just the two of us, quiet with everything we needed right there. If you want to go out for diner its right there nearby, and back to the room with a fire and jacuzzi to warm back up! The complimentary breakfast even rocked! The atmosphere is so calming and serene. We are going to go back more than once.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra few dollars for a jacuzzi suite. We checked around and for the money, The...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
west hempstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family always stay here. This is not only the finist hotel in town but it is at the end of the strip closest to Yellowstone. The hotel is spotless and the decorations are top notch. There are many areas in the lobby alone that are comfortable and peacefull. Breakfast is very good and included in the price. The pool area and hot tub were clean and refreshing. All the staff were helpfull if you needed anything. You can't make this up. Upon arival I noticed the coffee pot in the room was a single cup type. I went to the desk and inquired about the type they had had in the past . A pot were you could add your own ground coffee. I was told by the Mgr. Bob , who I didn't know was the Mgr. at the time ,that he would see what he could do to assist me. About 1/2 half hour later Bob knocks on my door with a brand new coffee maker from the Walmart down the street. He says I hope this will do. I appreciate your staying with us. I would never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have a much better view and have a small balcony . Real nice spot at night t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Cody

I arrived in the early evening and there was no one attending the main desk. I waited until a guest who was enjoying the free wine/beer, went to look for someone. The attendant was extremely short/rude. He did not offer to invite me to the welcome drinks. I only was aware of this nice treat by reading the hotel's website. I did not have a pet with me and yet, I was given a pet owner's room - main floor overlooking the back shed. Not nice. The rooms are not soundproofed - I heard everything from the passer-bys in the hallway to the loud footfalls up above...the hallway and the room. It was dreadful. I like a firm bed, but these were extremely firm; I had two hours of sleep...maybe. I found an extra blanket in one of the dressers, but then couldn't get the drawer shut because of the very poor quality of the dresser. I feel as if this hotel endeavors to give the appearance of a five star hotel - the main lobby was beautiful, but they fail miserably at everything else and attain about a Motel 3. When I checked out, I presented these complaints to the woman at the desk, and she sincerely apologized. She said my reservation was through an online booking and so couldn't do anything else for me. Why? What's wrong with making a reservation, off-season, through Expedia? I felt like I was the unwanted step-child because of this and so was treated in this manner. I will never stay here again.

Revise your review

Room Tip: Don't waste your money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 77pineapple
Number1inCody, Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are sorry that your stay was less than ideal. We have contacted you personally in this matter and hope that we resolved this issue satisfactorily with you.