“real Wy. hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
west hempstead
“real Wy. hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family always stay here. This is not only the finist hotel in town but it is at the end of the strip closest to Yellowstone. The hotel is spotless and the decorations are top notch. There are many areas in the lobby alone that are comfortable and peacefull. Breakfast is very good and included in the price. The pool area and hot tub were clean and refreshing. All the staff were helpfull if you needed anything. You can't make this up. Upon arival I noticed the coffee pot in the room was a single cup type. I went to the desk and inquired about the type they had had in the past . A pot were you could add your own ground coffee. I was told by the Mgr. Bob , who I didn't know was the Mgr. at the time ,that he would see what he could do to assist me. About 1/2 half hour later Bob knocks on my door with a brand new coffee maker from the Walmart down the street. He says I hope this will do. I appreciate your staying with us. I would never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have a much better view and have a small balcony . Real nice spot at night t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Cody

I arrived in the early evening and there was no one attending the main desk. I waited until a guest who was enjoying the free wine/beer, went to look for someone. The attendant was extremely short/rude. He did not offer to invite me to the welcome drinks. I only was aware of this nice treat by reading the hotel's website. I did not have a pet with me and yet, I was given a pet owner's room - main floor overlooking the back shed. Not nice. The rooms are not soundproofed - I heard everything from the passer-bys in the hallway to the loud footfalls up above...the hallway and the room. It was dreadful. I like a firm bed, but these were extremely firm; I had two hours of sleep...maybe. I found an extra blanket in one of the dressers, but then couldn't get the drawer shut because of the very poor quality of the dresser. I feel as if this hotel endeavors to give the appearance of a five star hotel - the main lobby was beautiful, but they fail miserably at everything else and attain about a Motel 3. When I checked out, I presented these complaints to the woman at the desk, and she sincerely apologized. She said my reservation was through an online booking and so couldn't do anything else for me. Why? What's wrong with making a reservation, off-season, through Expedia? I felt like I was the unwanted step-child because of this and so was treated in this manner. I will never stay here again.

Revise your review

Room Tip: Don't waste your money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 77pineapple
Number1inCody, Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are sorry that your stay was less than ideal. We have contacted you personally in this matter and hope that we resolved this issue satisfactorily with you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here many times in the last few years. They are pet friendly, and the rooms are great. A few times when I needed to go in for surgery, I had a friend stay at the Cody to help me - and drive me home afterward. Everyone has enjoyed the pool and gym. The free breakfast is always good. It is a very comfortable place to stay. My only issue is the rooms are pricey. I know that Cody, WY is a tourist town, I live in Red Lodge - another Yellowstone Park entry point tourist town. But after staying here several time in the winter, I was astounded by the difference in the cost of the room in the summer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northridge, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Cody was a very nice, very comfortable, and extremely hospitable hotel destination. We were very happy with the accommodations, the comfort of the room, and the friendliness of the staff. We would definitely stay at The Cody again if and when we are back in the lovely city of Cody, Wyoming!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelleeann1
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

On our way to Yellowstone we were to stay one evening in Cody,WY and decided on "The Cody". We highly reccomend this wonderful casual western motif oasis. Where the service, atmosphere, and accomodations are friendly, tasteful, and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent. On our way home from Yellowstone we decided to return to the Cody for a nice relaxing evening before our long flight home. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great place to stay, very nice amenities, beautiful lobby, nicely appointed rooms and friendly staff. Wonderful to have a luxury experience in a place we can also bring our dog. Breakfast was not the usual fare with powdered eggs, but a tasty egg casserole. They are supposed to be getting an expresso bar next week--think I'll be back.

Buffalo Bill Historical Center is about 5 minutes away and a great way to spend a cold and windy day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wyowinds
Mound valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our bus trip stop at The Cody was a luxury experience from the friendly professional staff to the immaculately clean spacious rooms. Easy to find, close to Buffalo Bill Museum. Breakfast was great. Beautiful water garden with fire to sit around in evening. They even furnished makings for s'mores.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends