“A Diamond Sparkles in Wyoming”
Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Annapolis, Maryland
“A Diamond Sparkles in Wyoming”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

On our way to Yellowstone we were to stay one evening in Cody,WY and decided on "The Cody". We highly reccomend this wonderful casual western motif oasis. Where the service, atmosphere, and accomodations are friendly, tasteful, and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent. On our way home from Yellowstone we decided to return to the Cody for a nice relaxing evening before our long flight home. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Wyoming
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great place to stay, very nice amenities, beautiful lobby, nicely appointed rooms and friendly staff. Wonderful to have a luxury experience in a place we can also bring our dog. Breakfast was not the usual fare with powdered eggs, but a tasty egg casserole. They are supposed to be getting an expresso bar next week--think I'll be back.

Buffalo Bill Historical Center is about 5 minutes away and a great way to spend a cold and windy day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wyowinds
Mound valley
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our bus trip stop at The Cody was a luxury experience from the friendly professional staff to the immaculately clean spacious rooms. Easy to find, close to Buffalo Bill Museum. Breakfast was great. Beautiful water garden with fire to sit around in evening. They even furnished makings for s'mores.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary Ann H
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Passing through Cody for one night, we needed to find a hotel that allowed our dog, and we were so glad that we picked The Cody.

Friendly staff, our room was comfy, and the ambiance in the hotel was very nice. Breakfast was very good too.

Too bad we couldn't have stayed longer!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Payson, Utah
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Cody is a great place to stay at in Cody. It is nice and clean and the staff was helpful and pleasant. The breakfast that was included was better than most hotels. The Cody is located on the highway, so their is easy access to sites. The Buffallo Bill Museum is just down the road. About a 15 minute drive from the Dam. It is also very near Coulters Hell site. Good overall value and the Cody has relaxing atmosphere for a vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a great experience staying at this hotel, not only for the accommodations but also the service. The room was clean, and comfortable. I was greeted by every employee I came in contact with. This was especially nice after moving from another hotel in town to this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra E
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We booked a vacation through Expedia and decided to go to the Cody website to see what our accmmodations would be like. The package was for a King Deluxe Suite, but I noticed that there were King Fireplace Jacuzzi Suites available. When I called and spoke to Amy (rude and snotty) she told me to cancel my reservations through Expedia if I wanted the Fireplace Jacuzzi Suite. I explained that we were only a week out and the package included airfare so that would be an impossibility. I offered to pay the difference between the advertised price of the King Deluxe and the King Fireplace Jacuzzi -- a difference of $45.00/night for the five night stay. She agreed and my boyfriend and I were thrilled and looking forward to our stay. Upon arrival we checked into our room which DID have a Jacuzzi, but not a fireplace. When I went back to the front desk Amy lied and said I had requested the Jacuzzi and NOT the fireplace suite (that the difference in price for the fireplace suite was $65/night) and that besides, there were no Jacuzzi suites available. I went back to the room and fired up my computer. Sure enough, the reservation page showed a fireplace suite for the entire 5 night stay AND the difference in price was $45/night NOT $65. I took my computer to the front desk and showed her the reservation page. At this she became a TOTAL snot (I would use much stronger language about her but trip advisor won't allow it) and said that Expedia "people" were never given these suites and that she had "bent the rules" to upgrade me to the Jacuzzi Suite --AT THE PRICE OF THE FIREPLACE SUITE. It totally ruined my vacation. I will never stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Karen J
Number1inCody, General Manager at The Cody Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Your experience with your reservation was most unfortunate. When a reservation is made through a third party (Expedia) we can not change those reservations. The person making the reservation has to make the change, Amy tried to assist in charging the difference in the room cost to your credit card. Had a fireplace suite been available we certainly would have given you one, I don't like to hear that we have ruined anyones vacation. I notice that your comments to TripAdvisor were made while you were still at the Hotel, and hopefully throughout your 5 day stay with us you found our staff to be friendly, courteous and attentive to your needs.