“Still Smiling”
Review of The Cody Hotel

The Cody Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. The reception was excellent. The owner made several appearances among our group during our 3-night stay. He even brought an ice-cream dessert to a small group playing a card game, and said good-bye personally when our group departed. My wife accidentally threw away part of the room's coffee maker. No problem, said the desk, housekeeping would replace it. They did so, promptly. The room was spacious and clean. Staff seemed eager to please. Breakfast was plentiful, a very nice egg casserole,link sausages, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereals, you name it. The ONLY nick I'd give is the lack of privacy curtains over the HVAC unit that would not block the air flow. A "Jellystone" visitor's dream: relax and let the staff take care of it! I'd visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The historic photos in the rooms and public areas set a nice tone for our Cody stay. Bob (manager) and his crew were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and the lobby fireplace inviting. I especially liked my personal walkout (ground level) patio and the fact that I could open my window to enjoy the fresh Wyoming air at night. The Cody proved a terrific place to stay in this fun town!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a beautiful place to stay! The lobby was inviting and a comfortable place to sit as it was very large with a beautiful fireplace. The whole complex was beautifully decorated and the rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a nice property, decorated with western art and furniture. The lobby is very welcoming, you want to find a book and curl up in a chair. The rooms are big and clean.

They offer a complimentary breakfast, and it was very nice. The woman in charge of the dining room was very sweet and personable.

It was apparent from the way I saw the staff interact with the guests, that they really do want our stay to be a good one, and for us to come back. I saw them help an elderly man who needed some minor medical assistance. Very caring staff.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are impacted by the highway, that I could see.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We returned to our hotel to find a fire on the patio and the front desk personnel offered us each a small plastic bag with a marshmallow, chunk of chocolate and two graham crackers. Out on the patio there were skewers to roast our marshmallows and make s'mores!! I have never been in a hotel with that before! Our room was large with lovely furnishings and quality amenities. The fitness room and pool were terrific. Breakfast was adequate; cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, sausages. The personnel at The Cody were very attentive and always asked if there was anything they could do for us. Highly recommend his hotel,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Tourist Office recommended The Cody for two reasons: they said it met all of the specifications we requested AND they said that The Cody had just cut their rooms rates because it was the off- season (by two days). The property was lovely, the decor was pure Western, and we loved the old photography. Our suite was very well appointed, and my wife and I agreed tha no one had ever used the suite us. The staff was very helpful, while the site manager was the perfect tour guide. We would definitely return again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an older hotel/motel in Cody, but it was clean and updated. Our rooms were huge and comfortable. Staff was very nice. Continental breakfast is included in the rate, and it was ok. Similar to what you get at other places. Hallways are a little dark, and I wish they'd provide better lighting. My only complaint is that the WiFi was incredibly slow, so I used my 3G connection instead. Never did get the WiFi to work properly except very early in the morning. Parking is free, and there are plenty of spaces. Nice workout/exercise area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bgbigadventure
Travelers also viewed these Cody hotels
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites
Chamberlin Inn
Chamberlin Inn
#4 of 29 in Cody
Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort

Been to The Cody Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Cody Hotel

Address: 232 W Yellowstone Ave, Cody, WY 82414-8724
Location: United States > Wyoming > Cody
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in Cody
#5 Family Hotel in Cody
#6 Romantic Hotel in Cody
Price Range: $128 - $285 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Cody Hotel 3.5*
The Cody is the only hotel providing guests in Yellowstone Country with luxury western hospitality. We are conveniently located just 50 miles from the East Entrance to Yellowstone National Park and close to the famous Cody Night Rodeo and Buffalo Bill Historical Center. Plan to spend several days in Cody because there is so much to do including river rafting, horseback riding, wildlife viewing, scenic drives, fly fishing and more. Call us for additional information and expert assistance with completing your vacation plans. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Cody Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Cody Hotel Cody