“CAN'T IMAGINE WHY THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buffalo Lodge Inn and Grill

Buffalo Lodge Inn and Grill
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Buffalo Lodge Inn and Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chugwater
Salt Lake City, Utah
“CAN'T IMAGINE WHY THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed there last week it was awful' couldn't get waited on for a room for at least 20 mins. then was sent to a dirty room the Restraunt was even it took another 15 mins to get waited on. Food was cold they forgot to bring our drinks. Then later they wouldn't open the bar for a brewskie. And sent us outside with a bunch of drunks probably Local People.there was one hippy guy with no teeth doing everything. No we will never stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank samson60922

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Belle Fourche, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here because there was nothing else available nearby. What a mistake that was. When walking in the front door of the motel I noticed were two ladies sitting in a car out front. Well standing at the front desk for a few minutes the two ladies finally came in. They were the front desk staff.
After entering my room, I noticed the bathroom had not been cleaned so I pull the covers back on the bed. Yep there was hair. I want to the front desk and she said well I had the cook check to make sure it was cleaned before I reserved it for you earlier today. She was able to get me in the room across the hall and it had been cleaned.
The beds are worn out but the biggest complaint is there was no hot water, none, nota. No hot water!! I didn’t get a shower that morning. I will never enter that building again. DIRTY PLACE

Room Tip: Stay in your car. you will be better off!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Stu P
Sturgis, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Travelling on business and Chugwater was in the right place at the right time. The restaurant was closing up for the night and the owner/hostess asked everyone who came in if they wanted anything and could serve us dinner at the small bar. My meal was very good! They treated every guest I saw there like family. My room was clean and neatly made up. I'll definitely recommend this small family owned place to my friends.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Greeley, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

The first night they called our room at 11 o'clock at night to see when we were going to check in and pay. We don't know how one might get a key and move in without having checked in and paid. Of course we were sound asleep when they called. The second night they had a band in the parking lot right outside our room that played (off-key) until 2 in the morning. At the very least, they could have put us in a room on the back side. Not a pleasant experience. We were in Chugwater for their annual Chili Cookoff so that might go by the wayside too.

Room Tip: Try Wheatland or Cheyenne
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MaynardSassy
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had to stay in Chugwater for one night on the way home to Denver from Rapid City, SD. Unfortunately, this is the only place in the whole town. While the staff was pleasant and the pricing fair, the room was severly lacking when it comes to cleanliness. The toilet looked similar to a public restroom (almost as bad as a port-o-potty) and the shower had interesting looking stains on its walls. The bed was ok, but not decent and the carpet needed vacuuming. We had a hard time falling asleep due to the fact that noise carried easily in the motel. Overall, it was a last resort for us, but in retrospect we should have kept going to Cheyenne and you should too!!!

• Stayed July 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lacey44
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stay there often on trips back & forth to Montana; Quiet place for good sleep, clean, nice staff, check in at 2 am if need to and room held, downfall is no free continental breakfast although the grill has a good breakfast.

Stayed August 2008
3 Thank 16belfast
Fredonia, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

The Buffalo Lodge & Grill is the only game in town in Chugwater, and they abuse that status. The rooms are reasonably priced, but they understock the towels and under constructed the hotel in general. The door into the room had about a one inch gap under it and while noise was never an issue, I just didn’t feel comfortable with that. The large shower does not have a tall enough step over, and the shower curtain isn’t quite long enough, so the bathroom floor floods easily—not good when you don’t have enough towels anyway. The remote they handed me when they gave me my key did not work on the TV in the room. With only six channels, its not too big a deal, but still! As for the bed, I’ve had worse, but I’m not sure when. While they allowed my traveling terrier, they charged a $9.50 fee for one night.

Most disappointing was breakfast in the “& Grill.” I ordered the chicken fried steak & eggs breakfast, my husband the pancake combo. I have not seen a chicken fried steak like that since the junior high cafeteria. My biscuit was so lard heavy it was sweating grease. Other than salt, the cream gravy lacked flavor. Neither of us finished our meals and we rarely leave food on a plate. We usually tip 20% or better, but the minimal service earned the standard 15% and no more. This breakfast cost us $10 more than a comparable and much more satisfying meal earlier in the week and elsewhere.

If you’re stuck on I-25 on a snowy Saturday night and can’t find other lodging (we couldn’t) this will do. Just don’t expect much. I will only stay/dine here again as a last resort.

• Liked — They let us in late on a snowy Friday night.
  • Disliked — which to choose?
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank katskil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chugwater
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Wheatland
West Winds Motel
West Winds Motel
#5 of 8 in Wheatland

Been to Buffalo Lodge Inn and Grill? Share your experiences!