“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rib & Chop House

Rib & Chop House
Ranked #1 of 186 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Avon, Colorado
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

After a long day of driving we stopped in for dinner. The place was so crowded we had to sit at the bar. The staff was friendly and provided great service and the fun was really good. The chicken and sausage gumbo was quite acceptable and for a girl from the Mississippi Gulf Coast to say that is a trull compliment. My salmon was overcooked but still very good, and they fixed a very reputable Martini. All in all a pleasant surprise in Cheyenne!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TrinketTobin

Cheyenne, WY
“I wanted to like it, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I really, really wanted to like this place, especially since we have so few good eateries in Cheyenne. However, my one experience here fell short.

First, we had made a reservation days ahead of time because we were a party of six. When we arrived for our reservation on time, we were told that they were "behind". Twenty minutes later we were finally seated. The point of a reservation is that a table should be ready for your party at that time. They may as well call this a "call ahead" like the other chain steak places here.

The one positive for me this visit was that my sugar-glazed cedar plank salmon was delicious (and hot since it came out on fire). Others at the table told me that their food was good also. However, most at our table ordered the ribs, and I could tell when everyone's plates came out that anyone who ordered ribs had cold food because the sauce was congealed on top.

Also of note is that we had someone at our table with an allergy to a particular seasoning. We alerted the waitress to this allergy and she made sure to tell the kitchen, which was appreciated. However, when the manager or cook (not sure who it was because they did not identify themselves) came out to talk to the table about it, he came over and said "Who here is the sick person?" I found this to be quite a rude and insensitive thing to say. He could have asked, "Who here has the allergy?"

I will definitely try this restaurant again, especially since I hear wonderful things about it. I am sure that some of the kinks just need to be worked out because it is a new establishment. I look forward to giving an updated review in the near future.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jacklyn H
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“No more.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've eaten here and well, I'm going to leave this place for the tourists. There are better establishments in Cheyenne.

I had the shrimp po-boy today and the filet the first time. While okay, there was nothing special about either unless the tomato with stem attached is considered special.

2 Thank Thobble
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Get the fried green tomatoes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

While in CO for a business trip, we headed up to Cheyenne for the day. While antique shopping, this was the recommended restaurant. We started with fried green tomatoes (amazing) and thai shrimp (just ok - tossed with sweet chili sauce an served over fries which seemed odd). We all ordered steaks - me being the only one who had the open faced steak sandwich with au jus. We all really enjoyed our steaks. The only downer to the meal was that we had watermelon martinis that were supposed to come with a sugar rim, but all of ours were topped with a SALT rim. A little disappointing.

Visited August 2014
“Best filet I've ever had ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in town as part of a cross country drive. The restaurant was busy but we easily found two seats at the bar, which didn't have that big lip on it that sometimes makes them hard to eat at. The service was fabulous and my filet was honestly the best I have ever had anywhere, including Texas. Wow. Friendly staff and patrons.

1 Thank migs1977