“Easy access from freeway and a nice place to stay”

SpringHill Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This is a newer property and easy to find right off the I-80. I was hoping for more space since it's bills itself as a "suite" place to stay. We had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper for three adults and two kids. It was a bit cramped and I attribute that to a poor floor plan. Still, not a bad place to stay since it was very clean, modern, and run by an efficient and friendly staff. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and there were even pool toys to play with and a large rack of clean and fluffy towels for pool users. The breakfast was excellent-above the regular continental fare with a waffle maker, hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, juices, yogurts, cereal, etc.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SmithFamFour

Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is the newest hotel town that I stayed at for work. One thing that was welcome when I was checking in after a long travel day was the cookies on the counter made that wait to see if my room was ready a bit more tolerable. For a small hotel and small town I am not too sure what took so long to track down housekeeping.

After finishing the cookie my room was ready and it was nicely appointed with mini kitchenette, living room, bedroom and flat screen on a swivel so you could watch on the couch or in bed.

And a nice surprise was free wireless. So much better than being stuck at a desk you can use the computer anywhere in the room.

One thing that was tough was being on the odd side of the hallway your bedroom was right next to the highway and could be noisy at times. Nothing that kept me up as I am used to living near busy roads but if you aren't I would suggest asking for a room on the even side of the hallway to avoid the highway noise.

One downfall for a business traveler is they have no onsite restaurant, but downtown Cheyenne is within a mile with several dining options and just a few minutes away is the main road with a the typical chains available.

The breakfast in the morning was they typical continetal breakfast, a hot selection, various breads, cereals, and beverage options. Just fine but nothing you would write home about.

In the end it is one of the best options in town just make sure to ask for a room on the even side of the hallway.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Beccaniece
Reviewed June 12, 2009

stayed in suite with king bed and sofabed. Seems like a new hotel. Everything fresh & new. Bed very comfortable. Shower nice. "kitchen" nice w/frige & microwave. Pool & exercise room very nice. Friendly staff. Breakfast included premade omelets and sausage. Nice to have oatmeal in crock pot instead of having to make packets of instant. Will definitely stay here again. Will make sure to request a room not on the side of the interstate. I think I heard every semi that went by.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sis14rn
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The room rates were a little higher than we had hoped to pay but the room was beautiful. It wasn't huge, but it was beautifully arranged. Everything was exceptionally clean. Beautiful tile bathroom...... Our room had a small sitting area, so it was easy and comfortable for my brother's family to stop in and see us. The only thing I absolutely disliked, was: The drapes were not designed to close. Instead of being on one curtain rod, there was one narrow drape each side of the window, each on separate rods. There was only a super shear curtain between you and the rest of the world. The windows were huge and beautiful, but you felt like you had no privacy. Especially since we were on the ground floor. There was a parking spot facing our window and the bed was right next to the window. We spent the night with the street lights shining in our eyes (and keeping our 8month old awake) and being paranoid that somebody could look in the window and watch us all sleep. I didn't like that at all.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank prh307
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I've traveled to Cheyenne frequently for business for the past few years and was looking forward to the addition of the new Springhill Suites as it is closer to the downtown area than other hotels. The place is new, clean, the staff is fantastic, and it has free internet. Noise, however, is the issue that prevents a higher rating - noise from the heating unit (which periodically turned on loudly and woke me up), noise (both conversations and TV dialogue) from other rooms when the loud heating unit was off, and noise from the freeway. Frankly, I am surprised that all of these issues were not taken into account when building a new hotel.

So, despite a great staff, new accommodations, and a closer location, I would likely return to the Hampton on my next visit. Even though it, too, is by the freeway and the train tracks, the noise level was never an issue that kept me up at night.

One restaurant suggestion: ask for directions to the Tortilla Factory - it's excellent and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2009

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. It is what it is.

For us we did not like the noise in the hotel -- hallway and adjoining room noise is very easy to hear. The beds are just average for this price range, and the hotel felt a little cheap. In this price range, I compare it to a Hampton or some Courtyards. We like both of those brands better.

TV is a flat screen, but the picture quality wasn't great. Pool is very small.

Service was very good and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This hotel was fabulous. It is an extremely CLEAN hotel partly because it seemed to be basically brand new.

I had no problems whatsoever with Check In/Out. The breakfast buffet was more than I expected. I always had an hot entree, such as omlettes and sausage in addition to the make your own waffles. Most places just have the waffles and muffin.

The rooms were very large. Tiled showers, what seemed to be 40" LCD tvs, very comfortable beds.

I would definatly stay here again on my next trip without any hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KY2000