“Good food but poor service”
Review of Shadows Brewing Co. - CLOSED

Shadows Brewing Co.
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I visited Shadows during the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo, so it was probably busier than normal. We didn't get very good service from our waitress. I ordered the sweet potato fries appetizer because I was starving and I figured an appetizer would come out fast, but I didn't get them until my meal was already coming out. The waitress messed up a couple of the salad orders and didn't bring everything out at the same time. But my food was good and the restaurant is in a great location. It's in the old train depot station, so that was cool.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We make it a point to try out microbreweries whenever we travel. We chose this place over the other brewery in town because we wanted to have dinner, and the other place does not serve food. The location is great, downtown near the museum and train depot, facing an open sidewalk/patio area. The waitress was very friendly, and the service was good. We had burger and fries, so no adventure there.

Now, to the beer - the reason for our visit. We tried their sampler tray of beers. The price of the tray was great - $4 for good -sized sample glasses of about 6-7 different beers. Unfortunately, none of the beers were as good as we had hoped for. For most categories of beer on the tray, we rated the taste as average or below what we expected.

Our overall impression is that we would try this place again in the future if we are traveling through, and give the beers another try.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I loved watching the trains go by as we had our family dinner. Food was great and service too. We were there with our kids and there is something for everyone. The only thing was -- we did not like the brews very much.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We eat here 2 years ago and loved everything. This trip the brew master had changed and all the beers had a bitter edge, disappointing. The food was OK but we came for the excellent beer we had last time and it was gone.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were in Cheyenne for Frontier Days (a great experience!!!) and had lunch in the bar here (there is also a dining room area and a patio.) The beer was good and the bar-b-que pork sandwich was OK, but vastly improved once I added the additional sauce provided. The sweet potato fries cost extra, but were probably the best part of the meal. The location is good, close to the Depot and museum. I'll probably check it out again the next time I'm in Cheyenne.