“Train horns galore”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Denver, CO
“Train horns galore”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here while only 3 weeks old. Upon checking in, the lady at the front counter was very nice.

The room was big. The kitchenette was very nice (not that I used it much) but having a full size fridge allowed me to keep my drinks cold all week. The closet offered plenty of space. The beds were really nice and comfortable, but the TV was 'tiny'. For the room being so big, the TV was small. Yes, I had a dining table and chars right next to it, but when I was in bed, trying to watch it, it wouldn't work. It was too small to see details from the bed and just didn't fit the room.

The internet was fast and didn't require anything to connect. You didn't have to abide by their rules, or renew every 24 hours, it was always on and fast.

The breakfast was the part that was missing. They had coffee and orange/apple juice, but didn't see much else. Sara Lee blueberry or banana nut muffins were available to take on the go, but it lacked big time in my opinion.

They also have a nice outdoor patio/smoking/grilling area. There is a gas grill and you can ask the front desk for utensils and plates if you decide to do some grilling and drinking outside.

The biggest problem for me was the train noises. I was on the north end of the building and kept hearing train noises all night. I overheard someone say they were told the trains stop blowing their horns past midnight but that was not the case. I was waking up at 3a and 4a to the horns. On the north end there are train tracks that run near and don't seem to have much activity, but the horns are loud at night and never bothered to get up to see if a train was outside my window or if it was just all the activity from the rail yard that is on the south side of the hotel, but with plenty of trains going thru it.

Hotel was so new that the wake up service recording had not been setup. Each morning when it would ring it would state something about message not recorded or so.

Overall, the staff was great, the room was great, TV could be bigger, and kitchenette was nice. Bathroom, sink and shower pressures were all great.

If you are a light sleeper, take something for the noise. If you're on meds to help you sleep you probably won't mind it. I did find out at check out that I could have requested ear plugs from the front desk, just never thought of it early in the week.

Room Tip: North end rooms are probably best, but you'll still hear the train horns at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank so much for taking the time to leave us a review, it is greatly appreciated! I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We are working closely with the city and the train company to create a quiet zone for certain times. We will share your comments to the board to help us achieve this goal. We pride ourselves on providing you with the best possible experience and your feedback helps us do just that. We hope to see you again during your next visit to our area. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Driving through on a long cross-country trip on I-80. Sun beating down at 100 degrees, wide expanse of empty landscapes, no shady promise to be had for miles and miles ... Bottom line: We needed a great respite and we found it in the modern, new, clean Towneplace Suites near the highway. Refreshing. Only criticism might be in the breakfast items and the high non-refundable pet fee when our Zoe dog is so clean and well behaved, but one can't expect much more there, I suppose. Try dinner at the Down Home Diner a few blocks away and you'll be all set for the night!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CardCarrier
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our newly built TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cheyenne . Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Brand new, super nice, modern hotel. We were super surprised when we pulled in to see the hotel, it's not a Marriott brand that we have ever stayed at before, so we were really unsure what to expect. The staff was super friendly as well. At first we were sceptical because it is so close to the railroad, but we didn't here a train all night. The beds were so comfortable, we actually overslept, and got on the road later than we wanted to. We found another hotel just like it in Iowa the next night because we were so happy with our stay. Great job, keep up the good work!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is TownePlace Suites Cheyenne's goal each and every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Poplar Grove, Illinois
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very surprised when we pulled up to the TownPlace Suites in Cheyenne & found it to be brand new. They are still working on the landscaping,but the Hotel itself is complete. It had been open one month when we stayed,so everything was sparkling new. Suites were equipped with anything you would need for a long term stay,including a well lit desk & many outlets,which is lacking in many older hotels.
We had a nice,complimentary breakfast before checking out. They also have an outdoor patio area with a fireplace which was spacious & looked very inviting.

PS.
There was no resteraunt or room service,I couldn't remove it from my review!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent stay. We are delighted that your stay with the newly built TownePlace Suites Cheyenne was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were unable to get a room at a Marriott by the airport, so at the last minute, we're able to get into the new Towneplace Suites a little further east. We loved it. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. It was similar to a Residence Inn - great if you are traveling with your family. The hotel was brand new... very nice work-out room. When we arrived, there were tornado warnings( a tornado was sighted by the hotel) , and the staff was wonderful. They evacuated everyone from their rooms, pool, parking lot, etc. and brought us to an inner hall. We felt very comfortable and in good hands. The only drawback was the unimpressive breakfast. No meat or eggs( hard boiled) which I thought unusual for such a nice hotel. We would definitely stay there again! I forgot to mention that the rates were very reasonable!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, and very comfortable. We heard no road noises or commotion from other roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lane H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne Southwest/Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello George M:

Thank you for a wonderful review. We at the TownePlace Suites Cheyenne take our guest(s) and Associate(s) safety very seriously.

We drill for these type of scenarios, so when an alert or emergency do happen, we can react in a calm and professional manner.

I will share your review with Team Cheyenne and they will be happy to know we made you felt comfortable and safe.

We look forward to you staying with us again, when you return to Cheyenne.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Called and booked a room, the reservation service was nice enough. I told them I had a dog with me nothing was said. When I showed up to the hotel the desk tells me an additional $100.00 for my dog. At no time did they say that during booking. I called customer service to find out why I was not told this. And their response was I should have seen it on their Web site, now mind you I did not even visit their site.. then they say it should have been in the confirmation email I got. At no time was I informed that a non refundable pet deposit was due at check in. And no where in the email I got did it say anything about pets.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Paul L:

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I was very dishearten to read your review and see the trouble you encountered about our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee.

Paul L: Could you please reach out to me at 1-307-634-0400 and or via my email at laneh@intermountainhtoels.com I would like an opportunity to visit with you and obtain more information about your reservation. This will allow me to review these details and address your concerns mentioned in this review. This allow me to prevent this from happening in future.

Thank you again and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Sad when a hotel will gauge folks for traveling with a pet. I can understand fee as a deposit In CASE there is damage but non refundable is unreasonable. Won't be staying at any TownePlace Suites in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Barb S
Hello Barb S:

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I wanted to take a few moment's to clarify our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee for our hotel.

We truly enjoy having our wonderful cat and dog guest(s) stay with us. The room they stay in requires a special cleaning after their departure to prepare for our next guest. We prepare our sleeping rooms for anyone who may stay with us, even those who may have pet allergies.

Please know this very detailed cleaning and our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee is meant to offset the expense.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you when you return to Cheyenne.