“Cheap movies”
Review of Lincoln Theater

Lincoln Theater
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Cheyenne
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the 1950s, this Art Deco gem is probably the least expensive theater in America.
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is Cheyenne's oldest theater and still going. They play the movies when they are no longer playing in the new expensive theaters. Can't go wrong with a couple of bucks for a newer movie here.

1  Thank sheriffland

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have always been charmed by the art deco. Yes dusty and somewhat threadbare, but a theater to survive of this size to be found in a town like Cheyenne is a wonder. The old theater has been chopped with the main larger floor & screen showing more succesful films, the balcony has been enclosed with a smaller screen, be careful since the steps seem uneven especially in the dark balcony seating. Snacks are typical and theater priced. Bathrooms are down a flight of stairs in the basement, a handicap facility is in the main foray of the theater (behind the window boxoffice). Movies are about a month out of orginal debut. The price has increased in recent times to $3 and $2.50 matinees. Still a value in my book, and a rare throwback to cinema's opulent hay day. I skipped the excellent mark just because of some dust and ragged edges but this is a classic gem for theater lovers everywhere.

1  Thank scoobmr
Reviewed July 29, 2011

O.K. theatre. We live in Cheyenne. Been to the Lincoln 20 times -- worn out carpet, tiles missing in scary basement bathroom, overpriced, I mean way overpriced junk food. Cheap, yeah. Occasional decent movie. So I pay for the theatre, whereupon Megan informs me she needs to check my girlfriends purse for any "smuggled in food or drinks." I"m 60, my girlfriend is 42. Alas, she has a skittles candybar in her purse. We leave and go back to the steps of the Elks lodge to finish the skittles. Girlfriend still wants to see, the movie, and since Megan refused to refund our money, we go in to the theatre. Are we going to pay $5.00 for an eight ounce Coke? Guess. So the movies starts, it's been dark for ten minutes, Megan seeks us out and says that she saw my girlfriend take something out of he purse. A tootsie roll don't you know. As I live and breathe. Confiscates it and says we can have it back after the movie. Movie finishes, I tell Megan I want that candy back, she stomps to the back of the concession stand, and flips the candy toward me when it hits the floor. I did make a reference to her imcompetence, hope she makes a nice candidate when applying for the police department. Not to worry Lincoln theatre, we will tell all our friends, all of their friends, everyone we know, the newspaper, and we hope everyone who sees this agrees, there are a whole pile of places to see a second rate movie without abuse from cop wannabees. Netflix anyone?

4  Thank Margenotlarge
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Our family really enjoyed seeing a movie at Lincoln Theater. The atmosphere was really quaint -- and the movie prices were very affordable. The quality of the experience definitely exceeded the price.

1  Thank momofweircrew
Reviewed July 12, 2010

OK - I did not see a movie at the Lincoln. Shrek VIII just was not on my list of must see movies. However, I spent 15 good minutes looking at this incredible movie palace from the outside. This theater will stop you in your tracks!

The chaser lights were on and in full working order even though it was a Sunday afternoon. They are great!

They have a walk up ticket window right off the side walk. AND they still use it!

The art deco is second to none.

The picture from the Wizard of Oz and the one from Gone With The Wind on the outside of the building are excellent!

Please view the pictures I have attached. They will give you a better feel for this gem than any words I could type.

2  Thank Ultimatetravelking