“Great find”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family run and operated restaurant for 40 years
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We’d almost decided to eat at a chain steakhouse when we found an add for Poor Richards in a local mag. The hot bacon dressing was what got me - and it did not disappoint! Neither did the Lemonhead Martini nor the filet- cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth. My husband said the bison sirloin was seasoned very nicely and delicious though like most sirloins, not as buttery smooth as my filet so I shared with him. Brittany was a fabulous waitress, attentive, pleasant and anticipated all our needs. Definitely recommend Poor Richards and would eat here again if we return to Cheyenne.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank krwabby1

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

First of all don’t be scared away by how the restaurant looks on the outside. It’s definitely lacking in curb appeal but inside is very clean and nice. The decor is outdated but interesting. Ok so for the food - my mom had the salad bar and she said it was average. Nothing to write home and tell the folks about. My daughter had the chicken fettuccine and she said the chicken was very tender and the noodles were perfectly cooked. I had the blackened prime rib salad and it was almost delicious. The meat had just a bit too much seasoning on it and there was just a tad too much dressing for my taste. The bread was absolutely delicious and we ate it like someone was going to take it away from us. Our waitress Ingrid was such a gem! She did such a good job!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Had a very good steak,prepared just the way I like steak. Service was very,very good.Never had to ask for anything.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Clyde B
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We visit this restaurant for date night. Bison steaks are EXCELLENT. The salad bar is really good and has many different options (including shaved parmesan). Ambience is nice, many different menu items. It is pricey for the area.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

I went to have dinner with my Dad for restaurant week and was excited to try the specials they offered for the week as I had not been to Poor Richards for a long time. I got the filet special which sounded really great as the waitress described it as a French onion style with fingerling potatoes and roasted broccoli. It came out covered in slimy onions and still moooing! I like my steak a little on the rare side but not that rare! Not to mention the maybe 10 pieces of potato and two pathetic excuses for broccoli that came with it. I couldn’t believe they were asking $25 for this meal. The special included the salad bar which was the only part of the meal I really liked. And I had to make it myself! On top of that, the special offered a brownie but they ran out of it so they served us a half frozen piece of crappy cheese cake doused in Hershey’s syrup. I mean seriously? If you’re gonna charge me an arm an a leg for nothing at least make you’re own chocolate sauce! Needless to say I won’t be going back any time soon. The price you pay is not worth the food you get.

Date of visit: April 2018