“Have a Designated Driver!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Poor Richard's

Poor Richard's
Ranked #15 of 186 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Description: Family run and operated restaurant for 34 years -
Long Beach, CA
“Have a Designated Driver!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The restaurant is comfy and casual. The food portions are generous and tasty. The salad bar is eh. Beware of the Manhattans--they're tasty all right, but they marinate their maraschino cherries in Maker's Mark, and they affect the drinker as if they had been hollowed out and the bourbon poured into them! Hoo-hah! Only restaurant I've ever been to where I've heard the waitstaff gossiping about the cherries! I drove back very carefully to the hotel, which fortunately was less than a mile away.

1 Thank TrepidTraveler1

Hammond, Montana, United States
“Don't use so much salt.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I think the food could have been great, but two out of three of us got food that had been over salted. My meat was tender, but it, mashed potatoes, and even the onion ring garnish were even over salted. The service wasn't the best, they couldn't even keep the water glass full.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 42Debbie
Cheyenne
“Wonderful Restaraunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I live in Cheyenne and I go to Poor Richards frequently with friends and family and also with my company. They have three private rooms in the back that are very convenient to use when corporate is in town. I've only sat in the restaurant proper once and it was a nice relaxing evening. Now, let me get to the point of this review.
I prefer to sit in the lounge area. They have a huge brick fireplace you can sit around and very comfortable couches and chairs. I've sat there with my friends many times sharing appetizers (the white wine mussels are incredible) and unwinding from the day. They have a good wine selection. However, I suggest the martinis. Their Knob Creek Manhattan is delicious. They pour the Bourbon over the maraschino cherries before it's served... delicious. They have wonderful steak and seafood selections, but I always have the veal. It's amazing. This is a wonderful restaurant to go to if you're looking to unwind. One little note of caution though. Don't go if you're in a hurry. This is not a fast food place and doesn't run as such.

1 Thank Jennifer K
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Cheyenne's Poor Richard's-A Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We attending the Cheyenne Frontier Days when we decided to have dinner at the legendary Poor Richard's. We were not impressed. We waited almost 30 minutes for a table for 3 people. When we entered the restaurant table area, over half the tables were empty. Why the wait? Our server was abrupt and certainly not as friendly almost everyone else we met in Cheyenne. We waited over 40 minutes for our food to be served. Meanwhile, those few patrons seated around us, were served and were finishing up their meals. Our server was running to and fro, occassionally she would tell us our order would be up soon. When our food finally was dropped in front of us, it was obvious it had been sitting in the kitchen for awhile. Two of us had ordered Prime Rib and asked that it be done "medium". Both of the Prime Ribs were rare and cold. My baked potato was not baked, it was hard and lukewarm. The mashed potatoes served with the other dinner were ice cold. We tried to speak to our server about this situation and she was no help at all. She claimed she had watched the kitchen staff plate the food and had brought it right out. When we continued to express our displeasure, she said, "Well, that's just the way it is." She never offered to return the food to the kitchen. She was hopeless. She then disappeared. I found the host who had seated us and asked to see the manager. Where she was, I'll never know, because it took awhile for her to appear at our table. I must say she was apologetic about the condition of our meals. She took our plates and said she would take care of it. Well, I believe she microwaved our meals and recycled them out to us. UGH! We were so hungry by then and it was so late, we ate our dinners. And our compensation for all of this hassle, a side salad was deducted from the bill!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ElaineFN_55
Sedona, Arizona
“Best Food on our trip through Wyoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Traveling through the West can be a challenge food-wise, where all you see is fast food and steak houses. Poor Richards was a very welcome, well-decorated, and appreciated oasis where restaurants that serve high-end food offerings are few and FAR between in Wyoming. They have a diverse menu that appeals to a variety of gourmet food tastes and a full bar. We all enjoyed our meals and would definitely return if in the area again.

• Visited July 2012