“Just my thoughts....”

Estevan's Cafe
Ranked #143 of 207 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When I first walked in I had really high hopes for my upcoming experience. After waiting too long to be seated and talking to the other people that were also waiting to be served, I came to the conclusion that the service was not their strong suit. One again, as usual, I ordered their super burrito equivalent which happened to be the burrito supreme (chicken). While waiting on the food, chips and salsa were brought out. The chips were alright but the salsa was bland with no spice or heat. On another note, it reminded me of Pace salsa...it strongly reminded me of Pace. Also, while waiting I realized how off the beaten path the place was. I would've never found it if I wasn't driven to it and looking for it. When the food arrived, I noticed the burrito was not as big would've expected, or wanted. Upon tasting it, it was fine. Basically, just chicken in a tortilla; guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes are included on the plate. For me, simplicity is key but I would've liked some rice and beans, I would've traded the sour cream and guacamole for rice and beans if necessary. Now, onto price. I got a take-home menu and it states, "All menu items and prices are subject to change without notice" -ridiculous! The bill listed an item for a different price than the menu. The waitress told me that the menu price was not correct and that was the end of that.

Simply put, this place was too far out of the way, too expensive for too little, and has prices that are too unpredictable. I don't think I would seek to go to this restaurant again but I would go as a compromise to someone else.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I laughed when I saw the sign saying "Best Mexican Food Around"... Maybe around a 2 foot radius. The food tasted aweful, any kind of meat tasted like it was out of a can. And they are way too overpriced for the crap quality food. What mexican food restaurant in the history of ever charges per tortilla? seriously? Taco Bell has better "mexican food" than this place!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have lived here for 25 years; and have been eating at estevans since.
Their Mexican food is all homemade; and not off a schwanns truck. As far as the Christmas tree, the owner decorates it different for each holiday, and what does it matter; as that does not affect the taste of the food.
My family and I love it and have never had a bad meal, and the service has always been friendly and great!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have followed Steve and Delilah from their start in a strip mall to their stand alone restaurant. Consistently good food, clean establishment and happy customers. This is a family restaurant. The food is prepared fresh daily. If you want something melt your tongue hot, you can ask for it. They serve excellent green chili. There are meeting rooms, private booths, and dining room tables. They offer call ahead seating and take out. All the interior decorations are done by Steve. I read with dismay the poor reviews of this restaurant. They are obviously needing something along the lines of a chain restaurant, rather than a local, friendly and good place to eat lunch or dinner. Portions are generous. Kids can find something to eat too. I think it is worth noting that an Armadillo restaurant opened up two blocks away, and lasted 6 months before closing. Another "mexican restaurant" took over that building, and similarly closed. Choices, choices. I will eat here any time. I will bring guests any time. You can't say that about most restaurants.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Finally ate here after driving past it numerous times over the years. From the outside it's hard to tell what the interior is like or that it's a Mexican restaurant (except for the name of course). But as soon as you walk in you are greeted by colors and sounds of Mexico. The place is big and has several distinct rooms - we were led to a booth in the back. The menu has quite a few choices and everything we ate was great. Simple but very tasty dishes. Very good service. Our server was very cheerful and friendly. I will definitely go back.