“Mom and Pop favorite”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Mom and Pop favorite”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This little cafe just a couple blocks north of I-80 serves some of the finest breakfasts and lunches. Don't let the size or the appearance of the place fool you. The place looks well worn, but it's like a good saddle, its just broken in from the many, many, many locals the frequent it regularly. I love their biscuits and gravy. The trick with those is, the cafe rotates from chipped beef, to hamburger, to sausage gravy daily. Cooks choice. It's always a suprise to see which it will be when you walk in and check the special board by the front door. No matter...all are equally good. Food portions are always generous and delicious. The staff are always friendly and the prices are certainly better than some of the major chain restaurants in the area. My wife and I like visiting on Saturday mornings to kick start the day with a big breakfast and lots of coffee.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Steve B

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Very Good Breakfast”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I honestly can't believe I haven't been here since I've lived @ Cheyenne 11 years but you could blow right by this place in a strip mall area if you weren't looking. Like other similar places, it's a "locals" restaurant / diner where people in the know go to get comfort food @ great prices. Décor is "homespun" with "wooden toolboxes" holding your condiments and coffee cups right on the tables / counters which were interesting touches. Coffee cups were a good sign as the coffee was always fresh. Service was attentive.

I judge breakfast places by my favorite dish, the Western or Denver omelet and here it didn't disappoint. It was big and fluffy with lots of peppers, onions, cheese and bacon here! They have the same thing with ham but it goes by a different name. Interestingly the omelets come with a house sauce which is a salsa like concoction that tastes slightly spicy, tomato-y and sweet all at the same time. I ordered the potatoes crispy and they did a pretty good job of that too.

You're hard pressed to beat the prices since my bill was $10. I was leaving as lunch was starting and the burgers and sandwiches looked really big so I'll try to go back for another meal soon.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Charles K
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Don't order Iced Tea!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Both my husband and I ordered iced tea and when I tried to stir in some sugar, the layer of slime wouldn't allow the sugar to go down, YUK! This restaurant has coffee cups on the tables, so I guess that was our first mistake, only coffee is fresh. I noticed the waitress gave me a look, when I ordered the iced tea, I should have known then something was wrong.

The side of green chile looked like old gravy, with no green chile visible in it. Neither of us tasted it.

The bacon and eggs were okay.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank 2peoples
Port Washington, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Very good basic breakfasts. Local, friendly and unpretentious place. Nice homey chatter and decor. Good quality and good prices

1 Thank mabrilliant577
Cheyenne
“Great hometown diner…”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have come to love this little diner. Service is always very spot on… knowing that they can be very very busy and the food is home cooked. We have come to count on this place for fantastic breakfast burritos. You will see a lot of the same folks eating here day after day… so at times it can be hard to get a table… well worth the wait. The décor is not anything that will impress and to be honest may turn some folks off… However, if you are looking for a good home town diner give it a go… if not, just another open spot for those of us that love the joint!

• Visited October 2013