“total gem”

Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

color me surprised but the food here was outstanding. my friend had a beautiful piece of prime rib and they brought him so fresh horseradish. when he asked for more they brought him the "special" horseradish which kicked his face in! he said the meat was really amazing and it did look good. I had a cup of the homemade lentil sausage soup which was maybe the best lentil soup i've ever encountered. Not knowing what to expect from the divey decor, i order a chicken fried steak and white gravy. the meat was EXCELLENT. not rubbery and over salted like most places. it was clear it was hand breaded for my order and the taste and tenderness were amazing. and next to the steak?? real mashed potatoes... what a concept!! this place is worth driving out of your way for if you are near cheyenne. On top of the great food they also have a very surprising selection of craft and regional beers, another total surprise as i had originally thought "looks like a budweiser bar" when we walked in. the decor was a little older but the place was very clean and even in the later hour weeknight we went had several people eating dinner or sitting for a beer. they've even got a couple of pool tables in the back. Maybe it was the excellent beer or the perfect chicken fried steak but i ran the table for the first time in 20 years.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Albany has the best Breakfast Burrito in town on Saturdays for lunch. The servers are always very friendly, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I ate there during the week if Nov 25-Dec 1. She suffered horrible food poisoning and is still trying to recover. We threw out the food we purchased to eat later. Not fit for human or animal consumption.

1  Thank GBT2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were excited to visit Cheyenne, and we made a stop for lunch at the Albany Restaurant. I had green chili soup and she had chicken quesedillas. A few hours later, my wife began to not feel well, which got progressively worse throughout the evening.
She spent the entire night and the next morning fighting a case of food poisoning. We deeply regret having gone out of our way to visit this place. We placed to go orders to eat later, and didn't trust them to be safe for consumption, so we threw them in the trash.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This restaurant has really good food and service. he location is right in the center of downtown. It is located behind the Wrangler. We love the prime rib sandwich.