“Nice atmosphere. Food varies.”
Review of The Albany

The Albany
Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I liked the restaurant. Varied menu. Decor was nice with historical photos all over the walls. Nice draft beer selection. I had a sandwich which was average resulting in my rating. Looking at other's meals I would have gone with chile rellanos or burritos which both looked amazing.

1  Thank FlyingGringo

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This local restaurant has been around a long time. It has a casual feel with old wood booths and tables, low light, and old pictures from Cheyenne and Wyoming. My wife and I ate simply--French dip and grilled tuna melt on rye. The dip was average but the fries were excellent. The tuna melt had a good portion of tuna and was very good. Good selection of beer. The menu included dinner salads, sandwiches, and entrees as well as homemade soups. They claim prime beef is a specialty. Of course our experience was limited, but we liked the place. Reviews from locals with more experience would be useful.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I now live in the Midwest but I grew up in Cheyenne and visit there at least once a year. The Albany Cafe was a favorite then and remains a favorite today. I find myself using its food and service as a benchmark for other restaurants. It's not fancy, but it is clean and well lit. The service is good to excellent, the portions hearty, and the prices quite reasonable. Just the kind of atmosphere in which to enjoy a good meal.The star of the show however is the food. You can't go wrong with the prime rib or the prime rib sandwich. For a change of pace I go with one of their steaks and have never been disappointed. On a whim I tried the pan-fried pork chops and I shall stick with them for the next several visits. Thick and juicy, properly seasoned and not over cooked. I usually go with soup over salad simply because the soups are so tasty. Navy bean and clam chowder are my favorites. If you opt for the salad try the house dressing. Weekends at the supper hour can be crowded, but I've never waited more than 20 minutes. I prefer to go early or late simply to avoid the crowd, Do not fear ordering something other than steak, prime rib, or chops. ALL of their entrees are good. Seriously! There are other good restaurants in Cheyenne, but for food, service, atmosphere, and value, the Albany rests firmly at the top. I long for my next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

food was wonderful, very fresh & comfort food at its best. atmosphere casual, like being at grandma's table...no frills!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

One of the better restaurants we have been to on our trip as far as food, service and prices...I had Lamb chops and they were great.