“Great food”

Korean House
Ranked #46 of 199 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

It's kind of a hole in the wall, but the food was excellent & the server was friendly. This was my first time eating at a Korean restaurant, and I loved it. The be bim bop was great as were the side dishes. This was the first time that I really enjoyed kimchi. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for something other than the typical Wyoming offerings. I'll definitely be coming back.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Like others have posted, go for the food not the ambiance! The Cabbage Kim Chee was excellent and not hot (what I call Wyoming hot). They also served a fermented Diacon radish "Kim Chee" that was incredible.

We had there fried Mondoon (dumpling) app, a noodle dish "Chae", and the "Spicy Sauteed Pork". Both were excellent. But the pork dish was over the top great.

If you like it hot ask them to kick it up as Wyoming is just not a place that eats hot so this place caters to the locals.

I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went here on a recommendation from a friend because we love all types of Asian food. Korean House does not look like much on the outside or the inside, but wait until the food is in front of you!

The décor is strange and eclectic, and the dining room is small (seats 30-35). Korean figurines alongside Beanie Babies and sugar bowls and plants and military patches. Goofy, but right up my alley!

We had mondoo, be bim bap, and bulgogi with all the trimmings- veggies, kimchi, rice. It was very good food served reasonably quickly by a very friendly server.

The prices are amazingly reasonable for the portion size, but remember to bring cash! They don't accept credit cards.

I don't know if I'd make the 40-minute drive from my home to Cheyenne JUST for Korean House, but when I am passing through, it will be my stopping place!

Note: They are closed on weekends!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went here for lunch while in Cheyenne on business. I was stationed in Korea twice and went there TDY a couple of times. This was the most authentic Korean Restaurant I have been to, the service was great, the food was great, loved the Bulgogi, Mondoo and Kimchi were great. It was not the best food I have ever eaten, but it was the best Korean food I have had without actually being in Korea.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Have had the pleasure of eating at Korean House each time I have been in Cheyenne on business over the past few years. The food is always very good, especially on my last visit in early December 2013.

The be bim bap is outstanding and prepared as it should. The bulgogi is also very good and one of my favorites. Most entrees are priced at approximately $10, very reasonable considering the portion sizes.

The ambiance is minimal and the restaurant itself could be described as spartan at best. However, it is very clean and service is efficient.

My only complaint was on my last two visits, the banchan has been lacking. The last visit, I was only served kimchi and daikon though the menu said sprouts and carrots would also be served with the banchan. Not a big deal, but since their sprouts are so good, I did miss them.

Cheyenne is replete with chain restaurant servicing standard fare. Dare to break out and try this excellent little restaurant. You won't be sorry.

Been to Korean House? Share your experiences!