“Great Steak & Service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Norwich
“Great Steak & Service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Don't be put off by the location, on a service road just off the Interstate, or first impressions, it's ery simple inside, the saloon one side, the restaurant the other. We were asked if we wanted smoking or no smoking and shown to the restaurant, so we assume the saloon would be smoking. The arrangements for getting drinks are slightly unusual, the barmaid comes to the table and gets the drink order, which you pay for seperately

But the real reason to come here is the steak, which was wonderful, a large rib eye served medium rare. Our server was a charming woman who advised on the steaks and how to have them cooked, and came to chat with us after our meal.

A simple, unpretentious friendly place serving great steak.

• Visited September 2012

Stugis, sd
“Great Steak Sandwich”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food here is excellent. However, I disliked all the political propoganda found throughout the establishment.. Also found it to be too cigarette smoke filled.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank J N
Hot Springs National Park
“big disappointment”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Looking forward to a good steak house, but this wasn't it. From the beginning bread (tasteless) through the entree this was a very weak effort. Ranch dressing was had no flavor. Marinated ribeye was a C-. Sirloin was better. Both were cooked properly. Baked potato was not cooked thoroughly. Considering the quality, the food was overpriced. If doing it again, we would order the house ribeye and split it.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank fleeming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ribeye, great service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This is an unpretentious sort of place without flashy interiors and the moment I saw it from the outside I thought it looked like it could be a find, I love places that have their own unique charm and stand out from the chains. Its well out of town and you probably wouldnt find it by accident so thank you tripadvisor. Speaks for itself that it was far from quiet on a Monday night even though you basically have to drive there.

You can choose to dine in the bar area or either of smoking or non smoking areas. We are not smokers and we found the non smoking dining area fine, not smoky at all.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed rib eye steaks served with potato of your choice plus a green salad and warm bread. Bill came to $46 plus $6 for 2 beers from the bar served by a different server / cocktail waitress.

All the staff were fantastically attentive, couldn't ask for better.

My wife decided this was her 2nd best steak ever (the best was chateaubriand and cost an awful lot more). I eat a lot more steak than she does but it makes my top 5.

1 Thank DJBro
Helena, Montana
“Always great steaks and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We eat here several times a year. In fact I just ate there twice within 2 weeks because my steak was so good the first time, I had to have another. Their marinated rib-eye is great. Always tender and flavorful. Their wait staff does a very good job - always friendly and attentive. We usually go on a Friday or Saturday night so it's usually busy but their wait staff really hustles to get everyone served. I feel like I'm being cared for by my mother or aunt - their staff is so friendly and caring. They do steaks very well. That's why locals go there. Get the carrot cake - it's the best! (Yes they permit smoking in the bar and that is not closed off from the restaurant by a full door. So if you are especially sensitive to smoke it might bother you. But I have only smelled smoke when I first walk in, not in the restaurant area.) It's informal and western. A great place to take visitors from out of town.

• Visited August 2012