“Taste of Italy in Wyoming”

L'osteria Mondello Italian
Ranked #18 of 188 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Boise, Idaho
“Taste of Italy in Wyoming”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Another great find in a stripmall. Go to the back fine dining room for a really good Italian meal. My wife's veal dish was great and my ravoli with sasauge was far above average (I just wanted some comfort food, nothing fancy).

• Visited March 2012

Minot, North Dakota, United States
“Favorite pizza!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Mondello's is the place to go for authentic NY style pizza! The slices are sizable and our family of 3 struggles to finish a large. Ordering it fresh is the way to go! Joe's Favorite is my favorite (Roma tomatoes, basil, sausage I think). Pepperoni rolls are awesome. I don't recommend the "fine dining" aspect, as the food has never been spectacular, and the service in that part of the restaurant is lacking, a lot. Overall, though, it's a lot of fun, and the pizza and calzones are among the best I've had!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Very good food, okay service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went to "Mondello's" last Friday night after an absense of several years. My wife has always loved the pizza in the front of the house - closer to her east-coast expectations. We have avoided the main restaurant for at least the last 4 years because of the average food and poor service..

Apparently, the management finally figured that was a major problem, because both the food and service were improved.

Overall, the food was very good. My spouse is very discriminating when it comes to pasta, and she said that all the pasta was fresh made. I love most italian food, but can skip the pasta.

We started with a glass of wine, there fresh made bread and a Calamari appetizer. The bread was good, the calamari was almost over cooked (a bit chewy, but not rubbery), but crisp and tasty. I wanted salt on the calamari, but there was no salt or pepper on the tables. Marinara was provided with the calamari and with it, the calamari actually tasted over-salted.

We next had Caesar Salads, and again, some salt and pepper would have been appreiciated, but none was offered, and no one was aroound to ask. The dressing was very cheesey, and was missing the lemon tang and pepper bite that we expected.

For our entrees, my wife had the special, a Amaretto Chicken, with a penne pasta side and I had the Manicotti with Sausage, and a 2nd glass of wine each.. My wife loved her dish, and said the leftovers were every bit as good the next day. My Manicotti was very good, again the sauce was just a tad salty. The sausage was good, it had a nice texture and a mild flavor.

We will probably return for the ambiance and the food, but the service, though vastly improved left something to be desired. Prices were a bit higher that you would expect in Cheyenne with our bill including tip over $80.

• Visited February 2012
“Stay out of the back - eat in the front!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We eat in the front regularly for both lunch and dinner, and you can't go wrong with the pizza, pepperoni rolls, or cheesesteaks - they're fabulous, and the hometown interactions with Joe, Andrew and the boys are great! Stay out of the back, stay away from the wine, and you won't be disappointed.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Much better than the chain Italian restaurants”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Tucked away in a strip mall on the north part of town, the restaurant can often be a lovely surprise. The front part is the pizzeria (which can be great to just grab a slice or a Special Sub) and the back is the more formal dining area. The biggest challenge in the restaurant area is the service - very inconsistent, and it can be a little curious when the owners get TOO involved in the process. Some very strong pasta dishes on the menu, and some of the apps can just be wonderful. When it works the way it should, it's a great place - hope you can make it on one of those nights.

• Visited December 2010