“Probably the best KOA I've ever seen!”
Review of Cheyenne KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Cheyenne KOA
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Typically, I've found KOA's to smash us in like sardines, with just OK maintenance and upkeep, nothing I'd ever describe as meticulous. This place shattered that image for me. True, they are right off I-80 and there is road noise, but if you run your fans or a/c unit overnight, you won't hear much. Tenters wouldn't have that advantage, though. Personally, we only stay in KOA's for the kids amenities, such as the playground and pool, and I find KOA's rates are high for what you get, but this place was so neat and clean and well-maintained, I didn't feel like I'd shelled out extra cash just for the yellow shirts and the KOA name. Shade is limited at this point, as the facility appears to be fairly new. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maddiemae81

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is nothing special. A large gravel parking lot very close to I 80, so you can hear jake brakes and rumble strips all day and night. The playground does have smaller more rounded gravel so as not to hurt the kids as much as if they fell in the main camping area. (and they do) Customer service was ok until I decided to leave a day early and asked for a refund for day 9. Then things got ugly. Manager Jim Nelson seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder and flat told me if I never came back, someone else would. This after spending almost $1,000 for 8 nights. And I was told by Jim that after I left, he would resell my spot with no problem. If you decide to stay here, I hope you don't need anything other than the usual, cause if you do......well good luck. And they really don't seem to need your business anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank StevenH92
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Cheyenne KOA is a new RV campground that offers all amenities. We stayed for one night in a 5th wheel and enjoyed our campsight and the city of Cheyenne. There was not too much traffic noise even being located next to I-80. We had made reservations online previously. We received confirmation via email. Upon arrival the owners were extremely freindly and checked us in quickly and efficiently. The campground is all gravel with no cement pads. The pull-through spaces were the widest of any RV campground we had previously stayed at. I could park my truck beside the 5th wheel with room to spare. The campground is about 5 miles SE of Cheyenne and is a short drive to the Frontier Mall. One bonus is that there is a Pilot truck stop right at the same exit of I-80; You don't have to search for fuel when you are ready to leave in the morning. However is is far enough away you don't get the Semi noise from trucks pulling in. I would stay again if i'm in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We found this place very easily, and our RV set up very quickly. The staff is SO great. They even tentatively held a spot for us the next night which we ended up using so we could visit Cheyenne longer (first visit). The Frontier Days was going on this week. The bathrooms and showers (individual) were nice and clean. The store was good. Good family place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Facilities and service make up for noisy location. If driving through and you need to spend the night it is a good Koa. Had some rv troubles and they set me up with help without my asking. Very easy to find. Close to highway so if you are just driving through it is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Very clean bathrooms.
Very nice hosts and helpful. Had opened cabin to air out by the time we arrived.
Privacy fence at picnic table. Loved it!
The bad part is campground is located right next to interstate and railroad.
Cabin was very clean. But they should mop it to eliminate dust.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night while en route to Denver. It's in a bit of a strange location—right near a busy highway. It was a little difficult to find, but eventually we located it and set up our tent (we were the ONLY tenters... lots of RVs!). When we went to set up a fire, there wasn't any wood. We couldn't find any anywhere—we went to three or four gas stations in the surrounding area. Eventually, my husband found a log in a nearby field and chopped it up for us.

Very average place (though priced higher than most KOAs), but it did the job! Be sure to bring your own firewood, though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple