“Way too much money for the service. Poor at best.”

Steamboats Steak And Smokehouse
Ranked #17 of 196 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Way too much money for the service. Poor at best.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stay away from this place! The prices are rediculous for the service and food provided. We were waiting for a table and saw a waitress walk by with food in hand. Her hair was dragging in the food on the plate because there is no dress code there. The service was poor, and the food was just the same. I will not return to this place again. This is not Wyoming so they need to take everything Wyoming off their walls. Quit giving this great state such a bad name.

• Visited March 2013
13 Thank CPS714

Wyoming
“It's about time something like this came to Cheyenne”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love, love, love this place. Go early or wait and remember this is not a fast food restaurant and it does take a bit to get your food but well work it. Last time I tried the Pokie....yum. The cornbread is to die for. Favorite waitress Jessica she was so funny . It is the to go place now whenever we have company

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank wyofan
“AMAZING FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary, but we are sick of the same old stuff so we decided to try steamboat. An I'm so happy we did!!! From the time we walked in it smelled so good and all the staff is very friendly our hostess was very nice and friendly. Our waitress was awesome and on top everything we needed. Not to mention the manager was stopping in to see how the customers liked food etc and I myself like to see that. Our food was very good, awesome flavors, stake cooked perfect, everything was so good and it looked appetizing as well they defiantly take pride in the arts of cooking. I don't ever write reviews but I had to because that place is amazing and on my list of favorite places to eat. It wasn't really that costly but let's be honest you get what you pay for and I felt like I got so much more for the money.... so pleased all around with steamboat I give it 5 ***** all around!

3 Thank brookelynangel02
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent with some good options for vegan & gluten free”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We usually have issues eating out as one of us is vegan and the other gluten free. Steamboats did offer several options and the food was excellent. We had the at the table made guacamole which was wonderful. I chose chicken with avocado and swiss and it was perfect- flavorful and not at all dry. The vegan option was a black bean burger which was freshly made. It didn't hold together as well as the frozen variety but the flavor was there. We were there during a busy time and the wait was about 15 minutes. Most of the wait staff seemed friendly and efficient. Our waiter was a little scattered but overall, it was a pleasant surprise and the prices were great.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Wyoming_traveler_2
Draper, Utah
“Food is very good, but the service is McDonald's quality”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Driving cross country and stopped for the night in Cheyenne, WY. Asked the hotel front desk where a good steak house was and they suggested Steamboats Steak and smokehouse. We arrived about 3pm which is after the lunch rush and should before any shift change for the evening. We were seated promptly, but the waitress in charge of our table took 10 minutes before introducing herself asking us what drinks we wanted. Then it took another 10 minutes to get the drinks and when she brought the cornbread and butter we told her needed silverware, which she told us was still being cleaned. The food we ordered needed to be sent back to get correctly cooked for my wife 2x, mine was ordered medium rare so it was good for me, but I was still waiting on the silverware. The waitress didn't refill our drinks until we were almost finished with our meal, and didn't stick around to make sure the meat was cooked to our liking. Do believe they need to give her lessons on how to treat and serve customers, especially in a place that the meals are expensive and you are putting out some big bucks to eat there. The music playing was so loud you couldn't hardly talk over it, and the tables and seats although new would have been better placed in a 50's roadside diner than in an upscale steak house. The smashed potatoes were tasty, and especially the fried onions served with the sirloin steak we both ordered. Don't get the french fries, bland, cold and tasted like they were refried instead of fresh. IF you want a good steak and are willing to pay $$$ for it then come here but be prepared to wait and don't expect good service!

• Visited February 2013