“Moving to Colorado”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We made a reservation via internet. We were in a traffic jam due to road construction and we were hours late arriving in Cheyenne, our cell phones were not getting signals. When we arrived the front desk was wonderful and was able to confirm our reservation. Pleasant staff. Enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

There is a train that goes by ALL night long from midnight to 7am. It's unbearably loud and disruptive. Our room was saturated with smoke. The plumbing was outdated and worked poorly. The room was stifling (hot). It was small beyond belief and old and poorly maintained. Stay far away!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
judy c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns with your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Cheyenne,Wyoming. Your feedback is very valuable to us! I am sorry your stay was unsatisfactory; as for the train noises: due to the diligence of the railroad company,the city of Cheyenne,and several of our hotel partners, construction is set to begin soon to help alleviate the noise issues caused by the trains.
As our hotel is a non-smoking facility,I was saddened to hear it smelled of smoke. I wish I had known that,as I would have taken steps to correct that issue for you. We are only a little over nine (9) years old,however,due to the dedication of our management company to give our guests the very best,we are scheduled for a complete remodel starting in November of this year.
Again,I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay.
Judy Cuthbertson

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed from July 25-28 for the Frontier Days celebration. Our check-in was smooth and our king mini-suite ready. We were invited to enjoy the little dinner buffet which consisted of spicy wings (very) and BBQ pulled pork along with macaroni salad, potato salad, brownies, cookies, and drinks. It wasn't haute cuisine but it was hot, filling, and flavorful. Ou room was quite spacious and well appointed. The water pressure in the shower was good. The refrigerator kept our drinks really cold. My only negatives would be that on our second day, we had to request towels as the cleaning lady did not leave any(?!?!) and you better get down rather early for breakfast because the early risers wipe it out. We just went to a restaurant and got breakfast instead. Wasn't A big issue to us but might be to others so FYI. The location of the motel is handy to just about everything as it is at the intersection of the interstates and a major thoroughfare of the city.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. room was spacious,clean,and cool and a shout-out to Travis for taking care of us. But a warning to fellow travelers: be prepared to pay approximately TWICE the normal rate during the rodeo and frontier days. To us it was worth it, but it might not be to others. :-)

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank peastertexas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had two rooms reserved during Frontier Days. Both were available when we checked in, they were right next to each other, which we appreciated. Upon checkin we were invited to have some food from the buffet that was available from 5-7 p.m. Very nice! Good breakfast, good shower, clean rooms. Pleasant staff. Nice room with king bed and comfortable chair, coffee maker, microwave and extra sink. All around very positive stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spend six days here during thé Frontier Days as à family of five.we Côme from Paris every two year in Cheyenne And havé tried many hôtels....untel we found this one !
Huge juge room With plenty of space for us all. Thé only minus was that we took café of asking for à single folding bed for our little boy aged 8 . It was not ready when we arrived And havé been à aimable only thé second day...but the nightshift concierge helped us thé best hé could to fins us à solution (which hé did) .breakfast is great, thé kitchen is ready to be used, thé pool is enough to refresh from à Parade or Rodéo day. We'll definteley return !

Room Tip: Family room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife, twins and I were going to Cheyenne to attend a nephew's graduation. We had booked a room with the Holiday Inn Express and later found a suite at another hotel that would allow us to put our baby twins to sleep in the suite portion of the room while we prepared for the next days' activities in the bedroom adjacent. We called up five minutes after booking the room at the Holiday Inn Express to cancel. The front desk said that was fine. They had not processed the transaction on my credit card and they would merely remove the reservation.

A month passes and I receive my credit card statement in the mail with a $164 charge to the Holiday Inn Express. I call up the hotel and speak Chris, the front office manager. I tell him of my situation. He asks if I had filed a dispute with my credit card company. I told him "no, that I was looking first to them to get this resolved."

Chris said that was good because "once you file a dispute, the hotel can't do anything." He said he would credit back my card and that it would take 2 to 3 business days to show up. Nine days later I check my credit card online transactions and it still had not been credited back.

I file a dispute with my credit card company, filling them in on all that had transpired. They credit my account while they look into the matter.

I have heard back from my credit card company today that they are re-assessing the charge because I do not have a cancellation number. The hotel is saying they are charging a "no show" charge and because I do not have a cancellation number for a reservation that, supposedly, had never been processed.

Lessons learned:
1. Always have them process the reservation and then get a cancellation number.
2. Never trust the front desk manager, Chris, to do what he says he is gong to do.
3. Anytime I can bash the Holiday Inn Express to get them to lose a sale because of this incident, do it. Put it all over social media to warn others and hit them in the pocketbook. You may have gotten my $164, but I hope you lose at least one reservation because of this post. That would make up for it!!!!
4. Holiday Inn Express has forever lost my business, and my family and friends business.

You know those commercials that show them saying "......but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express."
The tag line should read "....but I did get screwed over by a Holiday Inn Express once." I my focus will be forever "ONCE"!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Cheyenne, WY!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cheyenne, WY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Normally, HI Express has been a good chain for our family on road trips across the country. But this one made us start thinking about other properties.

We got a king suite with a hideabed. Both the mattress and the bed were completely worn out. I don't expect great things from hideabeds, but this one was ready for the dump. When I complained to the desk mgr, he seemed apologetic, but didn't really have any alternatives. We wound up putting the mattress on the floor, and piling as many blankets on as possible...a poor fix.

The second big black mark is the room A/C. We didn't discover until about midnite, when we were too tired to have someone in our room fiddling with it. The A/C (both units) would only cycle on when the thermostat was turned down to 60 degrees. And it would only stay on for a few minutes. The room varied between about 75-85 degrees all night. Both units non-working? Its clear this place is run by someone who is trying to save money above all else, and customers come in second.

• Stayed: July 2013
judy c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences you had while our guest. The issues you mentioned have been addressed so as to make the next guests stay in that room more enjoyable.
Just a side note: we are doing a total renovation starting in November. This will include the furnishings and AC's in ALL of the rooms.
Again, I am sorry for your bad experience,and I thank you for letting us know about your stay.
Judy Cuthbertson,