Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews cheyenne frontier days old west horse drawn on display extensive collection great collection short movie front desk gift shop bucket list indian village great rodeo for sale botanical gardens chuck wagon interesting displays admission fee
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

to the Black Hill some wonderful memories of some old Musicals "Calamity Jane" and "Oklahoma" when you see the lovely collection of carriages, don’t be put off buy the Rodeo side of things we visited after they had finished for the season, so each to their own, if you want to see what that is all about there is a very interesting video you can watch or easily pass by when there is so much more to see. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very interesting if you like western history. Trivia: the periscope from the USS Wyoming sticks out of the roof!

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Love thisplace. Their collection of wagons is great. Lots to see here for the western history enthusiast. Very educational..

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We were not in Cheyenne for the actual Frontier Days but having the opportunity to look at the museum's film of past rodeos was very informative. Some aspects of rodeos seem a bit violent but I understand that the cowboys thrive on participating. Best of luck to all of them.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I went to this museum this weekend. We didn’t realize it closed at five so we got there at 4:50pm. The lady was kind and said we could do a quick walk through for free if we would like. I am SO glad she did. I thought there would be more Frontier Days facts or memorabilia but there wasn’t. It was just pictures on the walls with no real story. It took maybe five minutes to walk through. I am glad I didn’t have to pay. If we would have gotten there earlier and I would have paid, I would have requested my money back. Don’t waste your time.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

The museum provides a fascinating insight into life in parts of America that those of us who live on the east or west coast never see, much less appreciate. The exhibits naturally lean heavily on the rodeo (the rodeo arena is right outside so go see it); bull riding isn't the only element of the rodeo though it's easily the most dangerous and well known. Check out the movie on show in the museum.

The museum also houses a large collection of horse-drawn 'vehicles' ranging from old chuck wagons to surries to stage coaches to a St. Johns ambulance. And many more. And much more memorabilia of the Old West. I'm glad I decided to visit it.

P.S. Don't miss the old 1890 4-6-0 steam engine across the road: it's hidden behind the trees and bushes along the roadside, just outside the entrance to the botanical gardens. It has a history of its own to tell.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

A good overview of Cheyenne Frontier Days. I hadn’t heard of it, but this gave an understanding of how cowboys and broncos are part of the fabric of Cheyenne. Really friendly and knowledgeable staff helped as well.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Not the greatest museum but still worth a short visit. There are old wagons and artifacts of the old West. There is plenty of history about the Frontier Days Rodeo. There was also an extensive display of Western art the day I was there. I happened to come on a free day, but the $10 admission charge would not have been too bad. There are some very interesting sculptures outside the museum as well. There is a gift shop inside if you want to pick up a souvenir.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

On our trip across the US this summer we had the opportunity to visit several Western Museums, the Cheyenne Frontier Old West Museum was by far the best. Their displays were relevant not only to the past era but also to their tradition to keep the Old West alive and well today. Every summer they host Frontier Days and cowboys come from all over America to compete. The staff at the museum are genuinelly friendly and happy to answer your questions and even take pictures of your family so all are included!! They have a huge number of well maintained old carriages with very good descriptions of them all...including a library wagon!!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

It is a shame to ask for 10$ per person and $9 for seniors and kids, it will make a family of 4 to think twice if to enter...they should lower the fees especially now that it is out of season,

1  Thank Dannyshula