The Historic Plains Hotel
$85
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)
$89
$120
ComfortInn
$102
$151
$139
Hampton.com
Days Inn Cheyenne(Cheyenne)(Great Value!)
$85
$93
Travelocity
$119
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstreet noiseparking garageold westheart of downtownstained glasstrain depotlots of historycookie cutteran older hotelbed was comfortablenight's sleepcheyenne frontier daysroad tripartifactsparadevintagecowboy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Hostoric Plains Hotel is a very pleasant stop for a quick getaway from Boulder. It is less than 90 minutes away. We do this at least once a year. The hotel is comfortable and up to date as it was renovated a little while ago. It mainatains the cowboy western ambiance in its lovely decor. The restaurant is open for breakfast , lunch and dinner. A bonust this time was the inclusion of a buffet breakfast in the room rate which was itself quite reasonable at $75. Noticed the complaint about parking in a previous review. Valet parking is available, not sure if there is a charge for this. As Cheyenne is relatively quiet we have never had trouble parking on the street. There is a spa on the premises though we have never tried it. Rooms are comfortable, even the most reasonable rooms have space to move around. Lots of hot water which is not always true in a hotel of this vintage. All in all a comfortable quick getaway. Check out the western store across the street, and Wyoming Home, just a block away. Several antique stores, south of the hotel about 5 blocks. Dinner at the Little Bear is always a good choice, just a short ride north on I25.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLovers86
Gunter O, General Manager at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments. As the General Manager of the Historic Plains Hotel I am pleased to hear how you enjoyed your stay not only at our hotel but in the great town of Cheyenne. We look forward to having you as our guest again next year.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were in Cheyenne for the Anual Xmas Parade.

We mis-calculated & ended 1 day early .

Whoops.

Our evening @ the Plains was exquisite.

Dinner menu, was a plus for Vegitarians-compliments to the Chef.

Well worth the drive from Denver.

Room was spacious & inviting

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

First and Foremost I would like to thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and as well as our dinner service. I will pass this along to our chef as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After living in Cheyenne for 22 years, becoming increasingly active in matters of historic preservation and downtown revitalization, I was seeking a venue for my wedding which would capture my personality and love of old buildings. The wedding and reception were nothing less than seamless and the service was over the top. My out of town family was thrilled with the historic architecture and ambiance that is The Plains Hotel. Without your excellent staff this would not be possible, however. Liz, Tabitha, Terrence, Gunther and everyone else who played a part to make sure it was perfect. You should be commended for an extraordinary experience and memorable event. Your staff and hotel is a treasure. Thank you so very much for everything.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. Here at the Plains Hotel we work very hard to make these special times as memorable as possible. I am pleased to hear how well my staff handled your wedding, it was an Amazing day. You and your guests were a pleasure to work with. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an old downtown hotel in Cheyenne, where you can walk to restaurants and shops, and there's a decent brew pub a couple blocks away too. If you are in Cheyenne to experience it, this is the place to stay. If you are rolling through in a U-Haul Truck, sure, stay out by the freeway. But we found a much richer experience in the classic downtown. The rooms are comfortable, beds very nice, bathroom so-so. But totally clean, and with a fridge-microwave-coffeemaker. Service at the front desk was prompt and courteous. Didn't eat at the restaurant since there are other options all around. State Museum is a few blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gunter O, General Manager at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

As the General Manager at The Plains Hotel i am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our wonderful downtown.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

AI have traveled for my living for 20 yrs and never stayed in this hotel in my home town until I was in the process of moving
The Rooms are on the small side unless you get a parlor room but the staff is top notch at making you happy and the $59 and they give you a real breskfast as well

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your comments as we value all of our guests and their experiences. I would like to personally welcome you back to Cheyenne