WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Seattle, Washington
“Another sorry Motel 6”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed in the this property on a very rainy night after getting soaked on the motorcycle ride from Fort Collins. First thing I noticed was the smell of the unit. A dirty kind of musty smell. Took me a while but I finally recognized the smell as old, musty, dirty dog. As I took off my wet riding gear I could not help but notice that my bare feet were sticking to the floor. Old musty, dirty dog was all over everything. Now that smell was all over my riding gear. Spent the next two hours cleaning the floor and my riding gear till the room was tolerable. Went to bed and the first thing I noticed as I drew the covers up was the dog had slept on the bed and the smell was on the blankets and covers. Slept without covers under sheets alone.

If this Motel 6 expects to compete for the business in the moderately priced lodging niche they will have to be get better than this one. I have stayed at other Motel 6 franchises ( Missoula, MT) and they are managing just fine.

Stay away for now.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it. Use your nose!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Bradford7050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Globe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent prices ,clean ,Friendly,upbeat staff. This room was adequate for one night ,the bed was comfy and the AC worked fine. Everything was clean but the bathroom sink had some serious damage done to it . None the less it worked and the water was hot . This is a no frills place and is just was you need. The trains are ...well trains . They are loud and not exactly something the Motel is trying to keep a secret . I would suggest ear plugs .My Hubby always carries a set or two just for this occasion,and cuz I watch TV later than he does. I would definitely stay here again . Thanks housekeeping , you're doing a great job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I would stay here again if I needed a room but I'd request a room further away from the railroad tracks. I think all of the motels in the area suffer from the same problem that the train is close by so just request a room away from the tracks. Our room and the bathroom was clean.

Room Tip: Request a room further away from the train tracks
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

One of the beds had a huge dip in it... I cant believe they still have this mattress...u have to sleep sideway to keep from falling off the bed...very small rooms...u can hear EVERYTHING from the train every hour blowing its horn, people talking outside..I kept checking to make sure the window was closed because it sounded like they were in my room.....they gladly did not disturb me for room cleaning at my request.. but I could hear the very feminine man bang on the other doors yelling house keeping! THIS IS A TRUE REVIEW!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank smisech
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

BEWARE...TRAINS RUN ALL NIGHT AND TOOT THEIR HORNS!! That being said, we stereo the street side so wasn't so loud. Clean rooms, no in room coffee or shampoo....just a bar of soap. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. They do serve coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arriving on labour day 2013 we were informed that the pool has been closed this afternoon for the rest of the season. Therefore we cancelled our reservation and went to a different place . it is surprising that a Motel situated in a very peculiar location between two railroad-tracks does not give a better service to its customers.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Liz T
Florida, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Traveling across the country this was out third stop. This hotel lets pets stay for free but charges for an additional adult. I don't get that. But any who. Our room was on the second floor again but we were ok. The room was tiny. Two full sized beds maybe smaller up against the walls which was annoying. I slept with my daughter bad husband alone since we kept bumping into each other on this small bed. No fridge in the room but a large bathroom. Had a standing shower. Large enough to leave our cats inside. The room it self is not good for cats as they can get under the bed which would have sucked trying to get them out. There was no smell of smoke except when we walked outside as people stood on the balcony smoking or they would stand at the stairs. It took a long time for the water to get hot and the temperature kept changing without touching the dial. The worst part is the hotel backs up to a train track we were hoping was not in use. No such luck as in the middle of the night a train passed by abd woke us all. Wifi was an extra $3 and was slow. I would give this chain another try

• Stayed August 2013