“Decent Place”
Review of Motel 6 Cheyenne

Motel 6 Cheyenne
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We like motels for the outside accessibility. We have a smoker and a dog. Both were accepted here. The beds were not new but were comfortable enough. The room was clean. The bathroom was new. They had a fridge. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although the motel is situated beside the railway track our room was in the middle so was not that bad even with the window open. We slept alright. The price was a bit higher than we thought it would be.

Overall it is a good place to spend the night providing you are not looking for high quality.

Room Tip: As for room on the street side away from the tracks if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I've stayed in plenty of Motel 6's and some are better than others. This one is not one of my favorites. It's clean enough, basic and adequate lodging, but seems to be staffed with people who don't understand travelers. The girl at the front desk was very young and probably in training but she made check-in exhausting for me after a long day driving. I had to explain simple things to her that maybe she will grasp later with more experience. At 9am housekeeping barged into my room without knocking, no excuse for that. I was up but she didn't even knock. The wifi costs $3 which is alright but the speed is very slow. Also the parking lot is very crowded and even though I checked in before 6pm, I had to park across the lot from my room. There is free morning coffee in the lobby of course, but they only had sugar and creamer packets, no sweet n low or Equal. If you are a light sleeper this motel may be too noisy for you, between trains nearby, and upstairs neighbors footsteps, and outside noise. It's not very soundproof.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Clean (no Bugs), comfortable bed. Train was a bother, however. Although, I did get a very restful nights sleep. Inexpensive, very basic motel. The hot water never got very hot. The staff was exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

was riding a motorcycle with a storm closing in.stopped at a ""6"" because they usually have a decent room for the money. charged $120.refused to take any discounts from AAA or AMA any other group. the view from the rooms was retail and general business buildings.behind the motel was busy train tracks. inside the room was a 19 inch tv,no fridge,no microwave,no bathtub just a shower. there must have been a train crossing nearby because the horns started behind the motel as the trains went by. i have never spent so much and recieved so little.no view, few amenities, no discounts,and a noisey location too boot

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hannibalontour
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We basically needed a place to sleep for one night during Cheyenne Frontier Days following a concert.

The Motel 6 was easy to find with directions. When the motel is full, parking near your room may be an issue. The room is small but clean and the bathroom was nice. Very basic but clean room. There is a pool but I didn't try it.

There is a train track right above the motel but we never heard any trains.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again for a long stay but it was fine just for a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a Motel 6, not a Hyatt and based on that my stay was just fine.

I had to make a emergency low budget trip to Cheyenne and chose this motel based on price. And shoud the need arise again I would not hesitate to stay here again

The room was very clean and is your typical Motel 6. If you accept that from the start your stay will be fine. There is some wear on the property, but nothing that made me run to the office demanding a room change or a refund.

Yes, the location is close to train tracks. I live in a community with lots of trains, so I didnt even notice them. But if you think it may be an issue, take earplugs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mtnfireguy
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I know there are a lot of reviews about train noise,but,I walked out of room a couple of minutes ago and there was a train passing by and I didn't even know it was passing by until I stepped out of the room.

and as far as service,I would like to thank Dawn the front desk lady for providing great service,great personality and very friendly, there was an issue that need to be solved and solved it to my satisfaction,I was pleased with my accommodations here,I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple