“Issues with room / disappointed in management”

Hampton Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed at several Hampton Inn's around the country and never had an issue. I will not be returning to the Cheyenne version, however. Room itself could have used a deep cleaning. Carpet was dingy. Bathroom was OK -- though comparably equipped with what you would see in a more budget motel. Pool was very cold -- we entered around 8:00 PM and the towels for the day were all gone. Got back to the room and wanted to clean up. We found out that the shower didn't work, and hardly any hot water was coming out of the bathtub facet. Contacted the front desk, who, in our opinion, didn't really seem to care about the issue. Were told that they would have to call in a repairman and had no idea when someone could fix it. We were told that there were no other rooms available to transfer to, and we could leave the hotel without being charged -- which we decided to do.

Fast forward to today -- contacted the hotel because the charge was showing up on my bank statement. Was told by the manager to give it another day and it should drop off (which I get), but if it doesn't, it was really my issue to fix with the bank. Tried to give the front desk manager some feedback on the professionalism of the individual who helped us that evening. I thought it was important for her to know that their employee didn't even apologize for the issue. It became obvious very quickly that the FD Manager could have cared less.

I had read some of the reviews stating that the service was rude prior to booking. Those reviews were in the minority and I didn't think we would have any issues. I was wrong.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel one night on our cross country trip from Nebraska to California. We arrived an hour before check-in, but they let us check in early with no problems. The hotel is very nice and clean. They were even throwing a Christmas party in the lobby that they invited us too. The staff were very friendly. Rooms supper clean, and breakfast was good. There is also an Outback Steak house just across the parking lot. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed on Christmas Eve. Just about had the entire place to ourselves. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean. I liked that we had a bathtub. We used the hot tub and exercise room. Bedding was nice. It IS right on the freeway (I-25) and the fridge made a little noise. Can use the bathroom fan as white noise because it's not connected to the light. The hair dryer didn't work, but I'm sure they fixed it by now as we left a note about it. Even though we were few in number they still put out a great spread for Christmas morning which we REALLY appreciated. Great place to stop when you can't get to Laramie due to the weather. That's what happened to us. They ONLY reason I gave this place a "very good" instead of "excellent" is close proximity to freeway which makes it a little too noisy for my taste.

Room Tip: Try a room on side away from freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here before. The staff was pleasant and the facility was clean and nice. The place was very well decorated for Christmas. The lobby room was like a family room. The even rooms are on the highway side. Yes there was some road noise but I did not have problems sleeping. I stayed in an odd # room the last time and had train noise. Again nothing I could not sleep through. I will stay here again when in town..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have stayed here a few times a year for the past 20 years. It isn't the newest in town but is clean and always had better rates than the new Holiday Inn Express next door.

Unfortunately they have recently changed the television making it very difficult to access without accidently purchasing added content.

This is merely annoying for frequent travelers but could prove costly for the novice traveler or aged.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the interstate and have more road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Overall had a good experience at this Hampton. The rooms, common areas, and grounds were very clean. The bed and linens were comfortable, staff was friendly and polite, and a large selection of breakfast choices was kept constantly refreshed in the morning. Don't expect restaurant quality food, but on the scale of complimentary motel breakfasts I've had, this was definitely in the upper tier. I used the tables of the breakfast area for working and enjoyed the hot drinks and fresh cookies brought out in the evening. Did not use the pool or fitness room. A few downsides - I could occasionally hear men's voices, the tv, and kids running upstairs through the walls and floor. More annoying was the road traffic, as this property is adjacent to the highway. My room looked out directly on the highway as well, so I felt I had to keep the curtain drawn at all times. However, as the week went on I appreciated the quick access from the exit after a long day of work. For what I needed - a clean comfortable place with a decent breakfast for a week of working in different locations in Cheyenne - this motel suited just fine.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

After having the best stay of our lives the night before at a Hampton Inn in Buffalo, WY we looked for a Hampton at our next stop in Cheyenne. The clerk seemed disagreeable and not terribly interested in pleasing or meeting the needs of the client here, and given my choices (double queen on second floor or king suite on third floor) I opted to go with the more expensive suite to meet our needs. Huge mistake. The suite faced busy I25 and had not been sound proofed for the 24 hour a day highway traffic at all. With curtains closed, one can still hear the traffic noise and big trucks all night long. The layout of the suite is crazy, and I had to reach behind furniture to be able to recharge our cell phones. To plug in my husband's breathing machine, I had to unplug the bedside light--NO accommodation for easy access to plug ins. Took me 30 minutes to get my computer signed on to the network at this location, where it had taken 30 seconds the night before. Floor dirty enough to stain my socks. Toilet ran off and on all night. Breakfast not well stocked and toaster either burned or didn't brown at all. When I told the clerk at check out I was NOT satisfied with anything about the "luxury" suite, he said gee I'm sorry. This chain supposedly offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, didn't get it here. Will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple