“Fine stay”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Jackson, Wyoming
“Fine stay”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Overall had a good experience at this Hampton. The rooms, common areas, and grounds were very clean. The bed and linens were comfortable, staff was friendly and polite, and a large selection of breakfast choices was kept constantly refreshed in the morning. Don't expect restaurant quality food, but on the scale of complimentary motel breakfasts I've had, this was definitely in the upper tier. I used the tables of the breakfast area for working and enjoyed the hot drinks and fresh cookies brought out in the evening. Did not use the pool or fitness room. A few downsides - I could occasionally hear men's voices, the tv, and kids running upstairs through the walls and floor. More annoying was the road traffic, as this property is adjacent to the highway. My room looked out directly on the highway as well, so I felt I had to keep the curtain drawn at all times. However, as the week went on I appreciated the quick access from the exit after a long day of work. For what I needed - a clean comfortable place with a decent breakfast for a week of working in different locations in Cheyenne - this motel suited just fine.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Randolph, Kansas, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

After having the best stay of our lives the night before at a Hampton Inn in Buffalo, WY we looked for a Hampton at our next stop in Cheyenne. The clerk seemed disagreeable and not terribly interested in pleasing or meeting the needs of the client here, and given my choices (double queen on second floor or king suite on third floor) I opted to go with the more expensive suite to meet our needs. Huge mistake. The suite faced busy I25 and had not been sound proofed for the 24 hour a day highway traffic at all. With curtains closed, one can still hear the traffic noise and big trucks all night long. The layout of the suite is crazy, and I had to reach behind furniture to be able to recharge our cell phones. To plug in my husband's breathing machine, I had to unplug the bedside light--NO accommodation for easy access to plug ins. Took me 30 minutes to get my computer signed on to the network at this location, where it had taken 30 seconds the night before. Floor dirty enough to stain my socks. Toilet ran off and on all night. Breakfast not well stocked and toaster either burned or didn't brown at all. When I told the clerk at check out I was NOT satisfied with anything about the "luxury" suite, he said gee I'm sorry. This chain supposedly offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, didn't get it here. Will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one here!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here towards the end if a very long road trip which took in Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho and this was the best experience on the journey. Not because the rooms were superior to any other (that wasn't the case and we stayed at a couple of luxurious places in the road) but the staff were simply wonderful.
We had a great check-in experience, with an extremely warm welcome and the desk staff (one of whom appeared to be the owner/manager) took time to chat to us and make us feel at home.
I think this was family run as a lady who I think was his mother (I'm so sorry for not getting your name) was helping out at breakfast the following morning. She was fantastic and an amazing ambassador for the Hampton brand. People make hotels and the people here made you feel like you were a guest in their home. They should win an award for their warmness and the standard of their service. It was brilliant and I can't praise them more highly.
They also give us a great dinner recommendation at a nearby steakhouse too!
Don't think about staying anywhere else in Cheyenne.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Artdecolou
SLC, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fitness room is poor. I like using equipment while traveling and I did not work out at this Hampton because the equipment was old. I will probably stay in Laramie on my next trip because the Hilton properties there have better fitness rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Avoid! It's like a throwback from motels 20 years ago. It's literally on the side of the interstate and the noise goes on all night - the motor bikes and trucks are sonic. The air con cuts out so it doesn't drown out the noise and anyway it doesn't cool the room. Colours of decor are dark and dingy and in need of refurbishment. Yuk!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Really impressed with the hotel's preparedness for sudden snow storm and helpfulness in the morning. Assistance included windshield cleaning and a worker to shim a door open that frozen in the storm. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Gillette, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

average hotel with above average price. Fitness room is very poor quality and equipment is old. Hot breakfast is wonderful. Beds and rooms are very clean, but not comfortable at all. Mattress kept sliding off base, and mattresses are neither firm nor soft - kind of like a slab of foam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business