“Haven on the road”

Hampton Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are superb- attentive, kind and accommodating. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. This isn't the Waldorf, but this isn't New York. The room was clean, but the furniture is a little outdated. The jacuzzi tub was spotless and wonderful.
If you're passing through and are looking for a place for a good night's sleep- this is it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank LivesInHotels365

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I rarely stay overnight in Cheyenne, but in March 2013 I had a meeting in the afternoon and one the next morning, so it paid to stay there instead of making two trips from Denver. The hotel room was fine, and I ate dinner at the nearby Outback Steakhouse. Unfortunately, I thought the breakfast was below par for what I expect from a Hampton, and the service staff seemed a little uncaring in the breakfast area. I'm grumpy when they are cleaning the OJ machine during breakfast hours. It's hard to give a Hampton a poor rating - so it gets a generous average for this stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hampton Inn always promises a delicious hot breakfast! We look for them on our overnight stays. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Definitely somewhere we would stay again. When we checked in they welcomed us with a smile and warm delicious cookies! What more could you ask after a long day of travel that took us far from home.

• Stayed: March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our guests are out number 1 priority here at the Cheyenne Hampton Inn. Our home is your home. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit Cheyenne.

Warmest regards,
Toby Imus
Guest Services

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel to Cheyenne on a regular basis and always stay at this Hampton Inn. Very consistent with other Hampton Inns. The staff is friendly and helpful. I had probably the fastest checkin ever at this location! The breakfast is the standard Hampton fare, but this location has the best cinnamon rolls that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm not sure how you got that I stayed here, but pretty sure I've never been to Cheyenne. Would love to go someday. real hard to say something more about a place I've never been. I like Wy. Maybe you can give me a trip to here so I can review it. Just a thought. I need a free trip.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

You would think if a hotel charged $149 a night it would be a nice quiet place with a few amenities. What this hotel offers is a noisy older property right next to the Interstate with loud traffic all night. The Staff was pretty marginal and when my room key didn't work I went back to the front desk where the young lady seemed annoyed that I wanted a key that worked. I got the new key with a lot of silence and absolutely no apology for the inconvenience. I was traveling with an associate that checked in later that also got a room key that didn't work work. When he got his new key he opened the door to find the room occupied and woke a person up from their nap. Their 100% guarantee is pretty much a joke and the employees are proud to brag about it but not deliver!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the Interstate side of this hotel unless you can sleep with traffic allnight
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. I also apologize for the issues with your room key Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff could not be more friendly, but while it is clean and comfortable the building and rooms are getting a bit tired. Compared to some of the new motels in the area it feels dated. Not much wrong with it but its crying out for a refurbishment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple