“Bring your earplugs and plenty of money!”

Hampton Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Lakewood, Colorado
“Bring your earplugs and plenty of money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

You would think if a hotel charged $149 a night it would be a nice quiet place with a few amenities. What this hotel offers is a noisy older property right next to the Interstate with loud traffic all night. The Staff was pretty marginal and when my room key didn't work I went back to the front desk where the young lady seemed annoyed that I wanted a key that worked. I got the new key with a lot of silence and absolutely no apology for the inconvenience. I was traveling with an associate that checked in later that also got a room key that didn't work work. When he got his new key he opened the door to find the room occupied and woke a person up from their nap. Their 100% guarantee is pretty much a joke and the employees are proud to brag about it but not deliver!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the Interstate side of this hotel unless you can sleep with traffic allnight
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. I also apologize for the issues with your room key Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
PORT SETON, SCOTLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff could not be more friendly, but while it is clean and comfortable the building and rooms are getting a bit tired. Compared to some of the new motels in the area it feels dated. Not much wrong with it but its crying out for a refurbishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very pleasant staff, clean spacious rooms and a great pool. I really liked the feature that enabled people with disabilities to safely enter the pool. I'm not sure what they are called but there was one for the pool and hot tub. My dad is disabled but loves to swim those lifts made it possible. I would definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anybody needing a comfortable place to rest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

4 Thank Jason S
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had originally booked a room through Marriott.com at another hotel in town. Unfortunately the website incorrectly booked my room in Laramie. When I arrived at my hotel in Cheyenne they were completely booked but tried to help accomodate me by calling over to the Hampton Inn. Luckily they still had rooms available for that evening. Toby, the evening mgr, was so helpful in getting me a room at a great rate and making my stressful day turn into a relaxing evening. The young lady who checked me in that evening was very helpful and accommodating as well. Would definitely stay here again in the future when I'm visiting Cheyenne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Samantha L
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Everything was excellent. I appreciate the housekeeper name Marisalva (I believe that's her name) She did an outstanding job! The food was great as well. I'm from the south so could you consider grits? :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank jackie M
Toby I, Guest Relations at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn for your recent stay in Cheyenne. We are delighted to hear that Miroslava went above & beyond to make your stay pleasant. We take pride in our employes & their efforts to make each and every guest feel at home. We sincerely appreciate you patronage & will forward to seeing you during your next trip to Cheyenne.
The Dalles, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The staff works hard to make each guest feel truly welcome. The rooms are pretty standard and what you expect from a Hampton but the service is a cut above.
One thing I especially appreciated about the room--you could open the window. I like a bit of fresh air at night and so many hotel rooms are stale and rely on air conditioning. It was nice to breathe in some clean Wyoming air!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank Diane W
Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent stay in Cheyenne. We are always pleased to hear postive reviews about our customer service. For the Cheyenne Hampton Inn, nothing is more important than our guests feeling welcome and at home. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cheyenne.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a highlight of our trip home from Arizona. We arrived to be greeted by two very friendly employees. After we recieved our key my husband asked for a recomendation for food and he explained we would like something close because we were tired. The young lady recomended a chinese restaurant. She also suggested we could bring the food back to the room and relax there if we liked. She had just called the Chinese restaurant herself and ordered food that she planned to pick up and offered to pick up our food also if we chose to eat Chinese. We decided that would be great. We ordered from the front desk and she picked up our food and delivered it to our room. That was just fantastic. I am ashamed to say I didn't get her name but it started with a D, I hope she gets recognized for going the extra mile for us weary travelers, She was so happy and friendly and should be recognized as a great employee to have on staff!

Room Tip: Everything was great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Colleen C
Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to go above & beyond. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cheyenne. And FYI - the guest services employee's name is Belem. The Cheyenne Hampton is fortunate to have her. Thank you once again.