“A decent hotel”

Hampton Inn Cheyenne
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights during Frontier Days. Rooms were very clean. I really like the fact that they clean all the bedding, including the duvet, after each stay. The complimentary breakfast was quite extensive, but unfortunately not to my liking as they put meat in the scrambled eggs both mornings. We had packed a picnic dinner for our drive up, but as the weather had turned rainy we ate our picnic in the common area which worked out great. We were the only ones in the common area that evening and so we were able to spread out our picnic. Although the hotel is about a 15 minute drive to Frontier Days it was easily accessed by shuttle.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cheyenne

Reviewed September 21, 2012

After 15 days of staying in different hotels, this was the best by far. We had a double queen room, great mattress, exceptional pillows, clean. Customer service when we arrived was very attentive, recommending a local eating establishment, Poor Richards which was phenomenal. Breakfast today was delicious, with three people, cleaning up, stocking various stations and one, Ms Mae making sure we had what we needed. Should have stayed at Hampton Inns all along the way. Don't miss this gem in Cheyenne.

Room Tip: Always read Trip advisor reviews. We did and that's how we found this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shayne U
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a smaller Hampton Inn than I am used to, but the complimentary breakfast was huge. There were three employees in the breakfast area. One was restocking, one was emptying the trash, and one was tidying up. In fact, she stood there waiting for my pancake batter to drip so she could wipe it up. :)

On the way back through Cheyenne, we stayed at the Springhill Suites instead because it was $40 cheaper.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susanarl
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The room was very clean and it was obvious that the bedding was newly cleaned
The room was very quiet.
In the morning it had a very nice (Hampton) breakfast layout.
I found the beds just a little soft for my taste, but we slept well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenM299
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here en route from Denver to South Dakota. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Comfortable rooms, good facilities, my son loved the pool! It was great chatting to other guests in the lounge area with a cup of tea late after dinner. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank squirrel092009
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was a loyal Hampton Inn customer until I stopped for the night here. The room was not even close to the familiar Hampton Inn standards; the manager on duty had a terrible attitude when I attempted to voice my concerns. My suggestion is to pick someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sandra A
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My 10-year-old and I really enjoyed our one night here. It was a clean and comfortable room. We had a ground floor room, and I was concerned that we might have noise issues at night (from the parking lot) but all was quiet and relaxing. The pool was clean and not busy at all so that was fun for us. Breakfast had a lot of choices, both hot and cold. The location is convenient to the highway and downtown as well. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family