“fun place for a fix of "cowboy"”

The Bunkhouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 190 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lansing, Michigan
“fun place for a fix of "cowboy"”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Worth the drive for the atmosphere and to see real people in a casual setting. Food is good to great, generous portions, and the staff are friendly. The band isn't too bad either if you like country tunes.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank snorkelsurfswimdive

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Love It!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband & I have been customers of the Bunkhouse for many years! Rob & Hollie are wonderful people who work very hard and provide a very welcoming atmosphere. We have always had excellent service and great food. The music and dancing is so much fun...very talented band. I will always recommend the Bunkhouse to my friends and will continue to bring our company there for a good home town experience. You guys ROCK!!!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Cheryl B
oregon
“will be a regular”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Although I think they are on the expensive side for an out-of-the-way saloon, it is still a good place to eat. They have fresh-cut fries and good burgers. I paid $9 for a chili dog and it wasn't worth it. It was ok, but it wasn't worth $9. Service is good.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank justbhonest
Laramie, Wyoming
“Excellent experience, evey when the place was packed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place was swamped after the Border War football game. Glad I made reservations, that's for sure! Food and service was excellent! Had to wait a while for drink refills, but it's understandable when the place is booked solid. The salad is run-of-the-mill...Needs more lettuce/greens variety. The Prime Rib is fantastic! Well cooked, well seasoned - I can't wait to enjoy it again! Live music made the experience great. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank TSSpear
Cheshire, UK
“Great Country Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We live in England and were passing through Cheyenne for just one night. Found this place on the internet and we went for dinner on a Friday night. Got there around 8pm and it was packed. got the last table for four. two of our party had steaks, one had pork chop and I had beef wellington !!! Wow that's the first ever time I've seen that on a menu on my many travels within the US. I must say that the steak in the beef wellington was not one whole piece as it should have been but small pieces of fillet steak which was different. However it was good and the meat was tender. The other meals received praise from their eaters also. The drinks (liquor) seemed unusually cheap as well which was a nice surprise. A necessary addition for us was the live band playing good old country music and the chance to dance. Rod the owner plays steel guitar with the band and was kind enough to get me on stage and get me a guitar to play and sing with them for a few numbers (I am a professional singer/guitarist back home). What a great bunch of guys. We all had a great time and would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Visited August 2012