“Just flat OUTSTANDING!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2012

You just can't find friendlier people, a great house band, excellent quality & extremely reasonable food and drinks, and a darn good time. Located outside Cheyenne but worth the drive. The steak are great but other items are great too! I've got a soft spot for their Salisbury Steak smothered in Mushrooms $10.95. The Chicken Fried Steak is pretty good too and a heap of food $12.95. All entrees come with 2 sides. Appetizers are great and there's an option of "pick 3" combination for $8.95 if you wanna sink you teeth into some Rocky Mountain Oysters! Desserts are incredible. The Lemon Meringue pie is 8 inches high but the warm Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Ice Cream is off-the-charts! Service was just outstanding! Love this place!

1  Thank RoadTripper516

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went to this place with a party of 29, they had been called and even orders placed. They forgot we were coming and didn't have the menu. The only bright spot was the waitress, she was happy and hard working and tried to make a bad situation ok. The chicken cordon blue was a cooked breast with a piece of ham thrown on it, with a piece of cheese on top, and then microwaved. The prime rib was not very good as well. I would not go back. Like I say the only reason I gave the place two stars was because of the waitress good humor and effort.

2  Thank S A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Classic ranch bar. Has been in place and largely unchanged for decades. Was there well before the housing communities. Nut sandwich is great as are all the steaks. You will not regret the drive.

4  Thank tim k
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have been regular customers for several years, stopping by at least weekly during basketball season going to and from Laramie. I recently purchased a coupon from Restaurants.com for the Bunkhouse. We finally decided to use it a week ago on Sunday evening. We drove clear out to the Bunkhouse (about 25 miles from where we live) with the $25 coupon we had purchased. When we presented it, we were told that they were "no longer accepting" them. When I expressed surprise, I was told that this information was posted on the door. It seems to me that The Bunkhouse was the one that entered into the agreement with Restaurants.com and they should follow through. When the only means of finding out the coupon (you bought in good faith) is worthless is to drive 20+ miles to find an obscure sign on the door, something is wrong. Since it was Sunday evening and we were twenty miles or so from the nearest alternative, we stayed and ate. The bottom line is this: I got as good a response from Restaurants.com as I got poor response from the Bunkhouse, so I will continue to deal with the business that deals with me, and not so much the other.

5  Thank WyomingJimbo
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Have eaten here on several occasions for lunch. Always have the Bunkhouse burger. The meat actually fills the size of the large bun and is nice, thick, and juicy. With the trimmings and fries it is one great meal. Top notch beef is used. Atmosphere is somewhat old west with numerous displays to view. Service is excellent and the price is right. Driving the 15 miles to get to it is well worth the ride.