“very down home”

Down Home Diner
Ranked #25 of 207 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2012

great service and food. the staff were very friendly and helpful. their breakfast burrito was huge and at agreat price. I highly suggest going here for a great meal.

1  Thank Randy R

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good service and great biscuits and gravy. Very clean. great coffee. Very friendly servers. Family friendly.

1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Food was average. The waitstaff were friendly. Really nothing more to say!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stopped on a Friday evening after walking over from a motel. Very nice waitress. Good service. I really wasn't hungry, nothing sounded good and I was more tired than anything after a long day on the road.

I ordered the fish sandwich and my husband had a hamburger. Both were awesome! Fish sandwich was on a hoagie bun, lightly toasted, very good fish. My husband kept saying later that his hamburger was really good and he gets hamburgers everywhere we go out to eat and never comments like that, so that had to say something. We both were happy with the onion rings also. Hope you all give this place another chance. We have it on our radar when we go through 4 times a year now.

1  Thank TravelingGal58
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Wow , I have stayed at the HIX just down the street for over a year and finally decided to give this place a try. I was greeted when I came in and told to sit where ever I wanted. Really nice gal I think her name was Kim ? Ordered the steak and potato, wow no flavor at all needed a lot of A1 sauce, I usually only ask for that hoping the steak will have some flavor. And the potato tasted like they had washed and partially cooked it in the Dish Machine, I Did eat most of the steak, but the rest of the meal I couldn't' do, I would have been better off at McDonald's. I do believe that they had only been open for a few months, but being a truck stop restaurant they should know how to cook . I would not recommend this place at all go across the street to outback.