“Started out great but quality has deteriorated”

Re-O-Na Sushi and Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place was needed in Cheyenne and it started out with a bang. Maybe a little pricey but it was worth it. However, as time went on, the quality of the sushi varied. Always good service and better than average overall but wish the quality of the food was more consistent.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

When Re-O-Na first opened I was mostly impressed with most options on the menu. Since then, things have changed somewhat but I still think it is a great place for tempura and some other items. I was disappointed to see that they took the Thai items off of their menu and replaced them with regular Chinese that you can get anywhere. And no miso soup :( I've never been a big fan of "real" sushi so I haven't ever tried their sashimi, but their tempura, and many of the cooked rolls are great. I like the atmosphere with the semi-private booths and more open seating in the front. I have always loved the service there, and think the servers are so friendly and helpful. I also love that it is downtown. Their teriyaki isn't bad either, the beef is really tender.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not sure how fresh the sushi is - and the Thai menu is a disappointment. We were regulars when they first opened, but now the service is sketchy and the food just about the same. we hope they can improve.

1  Thank FoodRateHer
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was some of the poorest excuse for Japanese/Thai cuisine that I have ever had, I feel sorry for those in town for whom this is their only exposure.

1  Thank WinosWyoming
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been a few times and it really is hit or miss. I have had the pad thai with tofu and it has been excellent for the most part. Although, they did put chicken on it last time instead of tofu and then the waiter wanted to argue about it. My wife gets sushi almost always and while rather pricey, it is decent considering this is Cheyenne. Pretty hard to get fresh seafood I would imagine. Overall, I would recommend it, but keep in mind that it can be great one time and so-so the next.

One thing that detracts is the service. Some of the wait staff really seem to have their stuff together when others just are there for other reasons. The wait staff is friendly, I'll give them that, but not really up to the task of waiting tables. My food almost always arrives a good 10 minutes before my wife gets hers. We have had some rather odd conversations with our waiter before. Completely unsolicited and graphic detail about childbirth when he saw my wife was pregnant. With that said, overall, the service has been okay. Just okay, not great.

1  Thank DONTYELLATME