“Can be a little scary” 3 of 5 bubbles

Re-O-Na Sushi and Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
“Can be a little scary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not sure how fresh the sushi is - and the Thai menu is a disappointment. We were regulars when they first opened, but now the service is sketchy and the food just about the same. we hope they can improve.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FoodRateHer

Wyoming
“Didn't dare the sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was some of the poorest excuse for Japanese/Thai cuisine that I have ever had, I feel sorry for those in town for whom this is their only exposure.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank WinosWyoming
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been a few times and it really is hit or miss. I have had the pad thai with tofu and it has been excellent for the most part. Although, they did put chicken on it last time instead of tofu and then the waiter wanted to argue about it. My wife gets sushi almost always and while rather pricey, it is decent considering this is Cheyenne. Pretty hard to get fresh seafood I would imagine. Overall, I would recommend it, but keep in mind that it can be great one time and so-so the next.

One thing that detracts is the service. Some of the wait staff really seem to have their stuff together when others just are there for other reasons. The wait staff is friendly, I'll give them that, but not really up to the task of waiting tables. My food almost always arrives a good 10 minutes before my wife gets hers. We have had some rather odd conversations with our waiter before. Completely unsolicited and graphic detail about childbirth when he saw my wife was pregnant. With that said, overall, the service has been okay. Just okay, not great.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank DONTYELLATME
Carpenter, Wyoming
“Horrible experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was there for a business lunch, three of us.

Seated promptly, the waiter managed to get back to us a bit later. Took our orders with some confusion, but seemed to get it OK. We waited quite awhile for our meals in an otherwise not very busy restaurant. I'd ordered a sushi lunch special.

Our meals came out at different times, and two of us were served stuff that was a parody of proper sushi. The sushi rice was crunchy, with hard uncooked or dried out grains of rice without any suggestion of vinegar to hold the rice together. Dry, flavorless, crunch that fell apart when you tried to pick it up either with chopsticks or by hand. The fish clearly wasn't sushi quality fresh anymore, so the salmon had a less than robust flavor to it, it had only an oily mouth texture.

But the worst part of the meal was my associate watching & waiting for his meal, which finally arrived ... but only after he'd watched it being served to an adjacent table where the patron had started to eat the dish but realized it wasn't what he'd ordered. A moment later, the waiter realized the mistake, picked the plate up, and served it to our table. The waiter turned away so quickly that my associate didn't even have the opportunity to object to the plate. We sat there is stunned disbelief for a couple of minutes, trying to flag down a waiter. I finally located another one and my associate tried to communicate the problem; the waiter tried to make it seem like he didn't understand why my associate wasn't having any of the plate served to him but he took the plate back. Finally, the manager came by and wanted to argue with my associate about the food having been served to another table and that it hadn't been touched .... but my associate had watched the other patron take several bites. They served a fresh plate, but we'd had allocated only 50 minutes for our lunch meeting and had to get back to work. So my associate had about 2 minutes to wolf down some of the plate before we had to leave, and the food wasn't very good.

We've had several business meetings since, and the place we get together at is almost next door to this restaurant. It would be very convenient for us to meet there, but we'll walk several blocks to other places before ever crossing the entry into this place again.

It wasn't just that the food was really bad, but the service was terrible and the attitude of the staff about their mistakes was totally unacceptable. If this place closes down (after several other recent operations there failed), it wouldn't be too soon.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sunsprit
Laramie, Wyoming
“Thai is back on the menu and is wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

They took the Thai menu away for a while. Well, it is back and it is great!

The sushi is good and they have a huge variety of choices. The crunchy roll is my favorite!

The sushi bar at the front is a great place to sit and what the rolls be made. It is a fun place to go for dinner and something different in Cheyenne.

I will go back time and time again any time I am craving Thai food!

• Visited July 2012