“Nice hotel - great location!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel - great location!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel was very nice, very clean. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was great! Plus, it is situated close to everything! 5 minutes off of 25, right off of Dell Range - close to all shopping and lots of restaurants!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Although our room was quite a bit smaller and less fancy than the one pictured, we had no complaints about this well-managed property, an excellent example of a moderately-priced hotel. This property is [mid-July 2012] in the early stages of a major renovation, but I wouldn't let that discourage you from staying here. It seems to me that it would be easy to relax standards under those circumstances, but that definitely was not the case while we were there. The entire facility was sparkling clean; nothing looked tired or worn.

The level of customer service is exemplary. Front desk and breakfast room staff members seemed genuinely friendly and eager to help. We got a call shortly after checking in to our room to ask if everything was ok and if they could do anything for us; we actually had one small request and they scrambled to fulfill it right away. [And smiled.] In the morning there was a new welcome letter from the manager inquiring about our experience and urging us to contact the front desk or manager with any requests. The general manager, Delinda Johnson, went table by table and greeted guests in the breakfast room. This was amazing. And as we were leaving after check-out, the front desk employee asked if there was anything else she could do for us, including offering bottled water for our trip. My husband and I have done a good bit of traveling, including stays in hotels that cost twice and three times what this one did, and we have never experienced that. Congratulations, Delinda, on hiring good people and setting high standards!

The location is very convenient, too, by the way - don't be uneasy about the "close to airport" location - there was absolutely no problem with noise. It's across the street from a mall, a few steps from a Walgreen's [for those items you inevitably forgot to pack], a few steps from an Applebee's restaurant and a short drive to others. (All chain restaurants, unfortunately, but convenient nonetheless.)

You're close to Frontier Park and the drive downtown is quick and pleasant, as is access to the interstates.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the staff at the Fairfield Inn/Cheyenne for a delightful stay on Monday, July 16th, 2012. The entire experience couldn't have been better...from a friendly, yet courteous and professional front desk staff to a squeaky clean and very comfortable room on the 2nd floor-my stay could not have been a better one.

I'd like to thank the manager on duty that afternoon for the upgrade to a "suite" from a standard room...it was just another pleasant surprise and made my stay at the establishment just that much nicer....thank you for everyhing and I will definately be staying with you when working in Cheyenne in the future...GREAT JOB!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe M
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This has been around for a while. Let me start by saying that I have over 1,300 Marriott nights to my credit so I know what I get when staying at a Fairfield. This location is desirable in term of proximity to the active part of Cheyenne. It is a good solid building - has been there a long time and is in need of a physical update.

That update is on it's way. This is THE ONLY thing I could ever say negative about this place and I have stayed here several times. Staff is friendly, motivated and well managed. Sleep quality is great and the breakfast is good. Do NOT let the proximity to the airport bother you, you won't hear it.

Even when the pool is crowded and noisy, the hotel is quiet and comfortable. Wait until they get the refresh for the lobby and the rooms. 5 stars all the way.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better but there really isn't a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Even though we had a severe thunderstorm during the night, the hotel was quiet. The staff is effecient and very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Front desk was nice, pool seemed nice, didn't have time to enjoy. We did have a room right next to elevator, I heard off and on through out the night, the bell ring and the cables working. Room was very clean, windows were easy to open to enjoy the fresh air. Breakfast was great, and the workers made sure there was nothing extra needed. I was concerned being that the hotel was close to air base, but either they didn't do much at night, or I didn't hear the planes due to great sound proofing. Great location to resteraunt and shops!

• Stayed April 2012
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here just a a nights get-away. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was not your usual quick stop, plenty to choose from. The location is great, close to the mall. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
GeneralManagerCYSFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Corrie E,
Thank you for your kind comments, they are greatly appreciated. I was pleased to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy my friendly staff. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel and I will share your comments with the entire staff

Delinda Johnson