“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Member Rates
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Front desk was nice, pool seemed nice, didn't have time to enjoy. We did have a room right next to elevator, I heard off and on through out the night, the bell ring and the cables working. Room was very clean, windows were easy to open to enjoy the fresh air. Breakfast was great, and the workers made sure there was nothing extra needed. I was concerned being that the hotel was close to air base, but either they didn't do much at night, or I didn't hear the planes due to great sound proofing. Great location to resteraunt and shops!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here just a a nights get-away. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was not your usual quick stop, plenty to choose from. The location is great, close to the mall. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerCYSFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Corrie E,
Thank you for your kind comments, they are greatly appreciated. I was pleased to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy my friendly staff. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel and I will share your comments with the entire staff

Delinda Johnson
ABQ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Ok, so it's a Fairfield Inn in Cheyenne...not a Ritz or anything. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, if a little on the older side, and there's a pool. Breakfast is the usual continental fare, but it was stocked, fresh, and just fine. The property is close to some restaurants (Chipotle!) and the air base. If you have an aviation nut or two in the car, you'll have a great time watching the Wyoming Air Natl Gaurd doing touch and go's in their C-130s. But you can't really hear them in the room and they knock it off around 9 PM anyway.

Clean, friendly, no issues. A great place to use Marriott points.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank agb_abq
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I used the room rate as a barometer for the type of place this is, and let's just say that didn't work out so well. The first room we were sent to smelled of smoke, the second room we were sent to was in the 70s...not the room number...the year of the last update (minus the flat screen tv).

I was surprised this is part of the marriott family. And FYI to the maintenance crew, when you install the shower curtain rod that has the curved feature to keep it off you in the shower, don't install it 4 inches closer to the shower to cancel out the benefit...it is SUPPOSED to hang outside of the tub in the middle...it was a bed. period.

Room Tip: go to springhill suites.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerCYSFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value and utilize all our guest feedback to make improvments and create a better stay for our guests. I want to assure you the hotel is aware of the issues and they are being addressed. We are in the early stages of our complete renovation. We hope with our efforts to improve, you will give the Cheyenne Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Although we thought the hotel was a little overpriced at $126.49 per night including taxes, our stay here was a pleasant one. The manager on reception was very friendly and helpful and nothing was any trouble. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. A great variety of shops and restaurants are nearby and can even be reached in a few minutes on foot.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip as my options were limited on a short notice trip. I chose this hotel based on some positive reviews as well as the hotel website's listing of amenities. One of my primary issues is that I always filter my hotel selection by those with fitness facilities. This hotel came up in that search and lists fitness facilities onsite. However the fine print on the hotel website (which I missed in my initial search) indicates that the hotel is near a greenbelt, so it's easy access for running/walking, but that in no way constitutes a fitness center.

The hotel itself is quite a bit older, and is not the typical Fairfield layout, it definitely needs updating. While the room appeared clean, it just felt dirty because everything was so run down.

The staff was less then helpful, as if they were annoyed they actually had to work. Additionally, if you are a light sleeper this hotel will be an issue. It backs right up to the Air National Guard base and the planes were doing touch downs throughout the day, which isn't a problem, but they started early and must have had night exercises the week I stayed because it seemed to go on all hours of the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank RoadWarrior101010
I want to than you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. We have added a brand new fitness room and are in the beginning stages of our full renovation. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Cheyenne Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean hotel located conveniently to the airport and easy travelling distance to the AFB. I personally think that Fairfield Inns are always a safe bet for a consistently positive experience. Rooms are nice, my stay was quiet, and plenty of eateries close by. The two high points were the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the continental breakfast. I'd stay here every time I came to Cheyenne.

• Stayed September 2011