“Great hotel, close to shops and restaurants”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Cheyenne
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Although we thought the hotel was a little overpriced at $126.49 per night including taxes, our stay here was a pleasant one. The manager on reception was very friendly and helpful and nothing was any trouble. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. A great variety of shops and restaurants are nearby and can even be reached in a few minutes on foot.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip as my options were limited on a short notice trip. I chose this hotel based on some positive reviews as well as the hotel website's listing of amenities. One of my primary issues is that I always filter my hotel selection by those with fitness facilities. This hotel came up in that search and lists fitness facilities onsite. However the fine print on the hotel website (which I missed in my initial search) indicates that the hotel is near a greenbelt, so it's easy access for running/walking, but that in no way constitutes a fitness center.

The hotel itself is quite a bit older, and is not the typical Fairfield layout, it definitely needs updating. While the room appeared clean, it just felt dirty because everything was so run down.

The staff was less then helpful, as if they were annoyed they actually had to work. Additionally, if you are a light sleeper this hotel will be an issue. It backs right up to the Air National Guard base and the planes were doing touch downs throughout the day, which isn't a problem, but they started early and must have had night exercises the week I stayed because it seemed to go on all hours of the night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RoadWarrior101010
GeneralManagerCYSFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

I want to than you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. We have added a brand new fitness room and are in the beginning stages of our full renovation. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Cheyenne Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean hotel located conveniently to the airport and easy travelling distance to the AFB. I personally think that Fairfield Inns are always a safe bet for a consistently positive experience. Rooms are nice, my stay was quiet, and plenty of eateries close by. The two high points were the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the continental breakfast. I'd stay here every time I came to Cheyenne.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have never wrote a negative review in my life but this place was a huge disappointment. First of all the bathroom was dirty. The tub was stained with black "something" and there was soap scum in the tub. There was an empty wrapper under the sink and the mirror was dirty. The pool wasn't very clean either. OK, I can ignore all that, but the next morning when I went to take a shower the water was brown. I thought one of the kids had forgot to flush the toilet but when I flushed the water was the same color. Then I ran the water in the tub and it was brown. I went to the front desk and the maintenance man said that they got some dirty water from the city and he would run it through the filter system. Just run the water for awhile and then I will be able to take a shower. Well, by then it was time for us to leave. So I did not get a shower. He did give us bottled water to brush our teeth with. But the front desk did not even offer to give us a credit or anything. VERY DISAPPIONTED IN MARRIOTT!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Cheyenne, WY Fairfield Inn for the night of Friday 8/19/11. This Hotel is located near many restaurants within walking distance. The indoor pool is just off reception and appeared clean. This location is in the process of a major interior upgrade which is needed. Our 3rd floor room's bathroom flooring was coming up + under the sink there is a 2 Foot hole in the wall near the piping. The room was clean with no other issues, the beds were good. The Wi-Fi Internet connection was good. Outlets for recharging your portable equipment were ample. There was an in room refrigerator that worked fine. The included HOT breakfast was below what I require. The only thing hot was waffles and oatmeal, no bacon, no sausage & no eggs other than hard boiled that fills the room with their smell.. During our ten day trip, we have reached the point to bypass these and have a real hot breakfast. For someone it might be the best breakfast available as it's free. But the bottom line, you get what you pay for--nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that was remodeled.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Although near an airfield, the room was very quiet and I was also opposite the ice machine! Very clean room, too. Great breakfast offerings. The hotel is in a very good location --- walking distance to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights being a family of 5. We had an additional roll out bed in the room at no additional charge. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpfull with things to see and do around Cheyenne. The Fairfield Inn is located just opposite Cheyenne Mall makeing it excellent for shopping. It is close to the Frontier Park and we found it a very convenient stay in Cheyenne. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety for a motel breakfast with the ability to make your own pancakes and omelette. Several kinds of cereal on display and fresh fruit and milk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family