“Great location, super staff, always a safe bet”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Cheyenne
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great location, super staff, always a safe bet”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean hotel located conveniently to the airport and easy travelling distance to the AFB. I personally think that Fairfield Inns are always a safe bet for a consistently positive experience. Rooms are nice, my stay was quiet, and plenty of eateries close by. The two high points were the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the continental breakfast. I'd stay here every time I came to Cheyenne.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sterling, Colorado
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have never wrote a negative review in my life but this place was a huge disappointment. First of all the bathroom was dirty. The tub was stained with black "something" and there was soap scum in the tub. There was an empty wrapper under the sink and the mirror was dirty. The pool wasn't very clean either. OK, I can ignore all that, but the next morning when I went to take a shower the water was brown. I thought one of the kids had forgot to flush the toilet but when I flushed the water was the same color. Then I ran the water in the tub and it was brown. I went to the front desk and the maintenance man said that they got some dirty water from the city and he would run it through the filter system. Just run the water for awhile and then I will be able to take a shower. Well, by then it was time for us to leave. So I did not get a shower. He did give us bottled water to brush our teeth with. But the front desk did not even offer to give us a credit or anything. VERY DISAPPIONTED IN MARRIOTT!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Cheyenne, WY Fairfield Inn for the night of Friday 8/19/11. This Hotel is located near many restaurants within walking distance. The indoor pool is just off reception and appeared clean. This location is in the process of a major interior upgrade which is needed. Our 3rd floor room's bathroom flooring was coming up + under the sink there is a 2 Foot hole in the wall near the piping. The room was clean with no other issues, the beds were good. The Wi-Fi Internet connection was good. Outlets for recharging your portable equipment were ample. There was an in room refrigerator that worked fine. The included HOT breakfast was below what I require. The only thing hot was waffles and oatmeal, no bacon, no sausage & no eggs other than hard boiled that fills the room with their smell.. During our ten day trip, we have reached the point to bypass these and have a real hot breakfast. For someone it might be the best breakfast available as it's free. But the bottom line, you get what you pay for--nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that was remodeled.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Although near an airfield, the room was very quiet and I was also opposite the ice machine! Very clean room, too. Great breakfast offerings. The hotel is in a very good location --- walking distance to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Slangerup, Denmark
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights being a family of 5. We had an additional roll out bed in the room at no additional charge. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpfull with things to see and do around Cheyenne. The Fairfield Inn is located just opposite Cheyenne Mall makeing it excellent for shopping. It is close to the Frontier Park and we found it a very convenient stay in Cheyenne. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety for a motel breakfast with the ability to make your own pancakes and omelette. Several kinds of cereal on display and fresh fruit and milk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Birgitte S
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Upon check in I walked into a room with socks hung up to dry on the curtain rod and shoes in the closet. Back to the front desk I went... she said the man had checked out and he must have forgotten them, sorry there were no other rooms available. She could call her manager back but she was the only one there so could not leave the desk to clean the room. I pointed out was I the very last person to check in? Turns out I wasn't so she could put me in another room but not a good nights sleep! Noise from within the hotel every sound from doors closing to walking down the hall to showers and toilets and highway noise kept me awake all night!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManagerCYSFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank You for your feedback. I apologize you had such a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Cheyenne Fairfield Inn again next time you find yourself in the area.
Telluride, CO
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel as I frequent Cheyenne, WY and I am always looking for something nice. Because of the Marriot brand, I was really excited to stay at a nicer hotel than what I had stayed in in the past. Unfortunately, I was sent to another hotel, not even close to as nice, only being offered a free phone call and taxi ride. It almost felt like being sent to jail with the extra amenities. I felt very sorry for the girl at the check in counter as she seemed to be relatively new. In the future, a phone call and an "I'm Sorry" would have been nice. As the manager in the Customer Service field, in the very least, I should have been offered an opportunity to stay there in the future since they were unable to accomodate me. It's a shame that in today's day and age, customer service is falling to the side.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business